Fitness unlocked

Posted by datarez (575 posts) -

So Your Shape: Fitness Evolved came in from gamefly this week. I'm always needing to workout more and get in better shape and I figured we've got this kinect, so why not. Dance Central and Kinect Adventures have only been played when we have people over so far. After a few days with Your Shape I totally get it. As someone who is really enticed by achievements this game makes working out that much more enjoyable. Getting an achievement after working out is a dumb carrot but it totally works on me. It's got a decent mix of workouts to keep it mixed up. One bad thing I've noticed is it throws you into the workouts really quick. Hopefully the next one incorporates some warmup/cooldown/stretching sets around the workouts. We'll see how it goes and if I can stick with it. As long as the achievements keep flowing at a steady pace, I'm sure I will.

#1 Posted by datarez (575 posts) -

So Your Shape: Fitness Evolved came in from gamefly this week. I'm always needing to workout more and get in better shape and I figured we've got this kinect, so why not. Dance Central and Kinect Adventures have only been played when we have people over so far. After a few days with Your Shape I totally get it. As someone who is really enticed by achievements this game makes working out that much more enjoyable. Getting an achievement after working out is a dumb carrot but it totally works on me. It's got a decent mix of workouts to keep it mixed up. One bad thing I've noticed is it throws you into the workouts really quick. Hopefully the next one incorporates some warmup/cooldown/stretching sets around the workouts. We'll see how it goes and if I can stick with it. As long as the achievements keep flowing at a steady pace, I'm sure I will.

#2 Posted by melcene (3034 posts) -

I've noticed a lot of these workout games (I have a couple myself) just throw you right in.  I think they just expect you'll warm up before hand.  Sometimes what I'll do is use one of their workouts as a warmup.  Like with WiiFit I always started with the advanced step aerobic as my warmup. 

Interested in hearing a bit more on the achievements.  Wondering if that carrot on a stick would work better for me too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.