Gonna go play with Kinect at the Mall of America.

Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -

So, my girlfriend played Kinect (specifically Ubisoft's Your Shape) at the Mall of America yesterday and she really liked it. She said she might invest in the Kinect stuff, which excites me as I won't have to buy one then. :) 

So, I'm gonna head to the Mall of America today to get some hands on time with the Kinect and see how it feels. My girlfriend and I agree that the prospect of Kinect bringing fitness videos into games in a way that you can't cheat is a pretty neat feature. I cheated like hell when I played WiiFit, so I'm hoping I have fun with Kinect. 

Anyways, GB, the part you care about is that if you are in the Minneapolis area you can totally mess around with the Kinect, as my girlfriend said the lines weren't that long.  

Ask questions and I'll answer them when I get back. Note: apparently they only have Your Shape, so that's all Ill be able to answer for.

#1 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -

So, my girlfriend played Kinect (specifically Ubisoft's Your Shape) at the Mall of America yesterday and she really liked it. She said she might invest in the Kinect stuff, which excites me as I won't have to buy one then. :) 

So, I'm gonna head to the Mall of America today to get some hands on time with the Kinect and see how it feels. My girlfriend and I agree that the prospect of Kinect bringing fitness videos into games in a way that you can't cheat is a pretty neat feature. I cheated like hell when I played WiiFit, so I'm hoping I have fun with Kinect. 

Anyways, GB, the part you care about is that if you are in the Minneapolis area you can totally mess around with the Kinect, as my girlfriend said the lines weren't that long.  

Ask questions and I'll answer them when I get back. Note: apparently they only have Your Shape, so that's all Ill be able to answer for.

#2 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5288 posts) -

Hmm I live about 15 minutes away from the mall. Maybe on my day off I might have to check it out and see what it's all about.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Meh. I have seen all I want. It looks fine for party games and stuff on rails. Other then that. Meh 

#4 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85 said:
" Hmm I live about 15 minutes away from the mall. Maybe on my day off I might have to check it out and see what it's all about. "
Go for it. MoA has 4 kinects set up. I played Your Shape and that Ricochet game today, but they have Dance Central and the Tennis / Bowling game there as well. I got pictures of Sharky (Shark mascot for Underwater World) dancing to Poker Face. So, winning situation for me. I'm gonna put those in my next blog post once i get them on this computer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.