futrstyl's Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (Xbox 360) review

Pretty good workout game

This is a decent fitness game. There are a variety of workouts, some focus on cardio, sculpting (i.e., weights), and toning. There are some geared toward men and post-pregnant women, but all the workouts have good exercises for anyone. I don't like that you have to buy some additional workouts. You can log into the Ubisoft website and create goals for yourself, send calories burned challenges to friends, and view leaderboards. The motion recognition is pretty good. I notice sometimes I get dinged if my arms aren't in the exact position as the trainer, but putting them in that position is not ergonomic. Also notice it works better if you wear tighter clothing. I'd recommend it for a basic and intermediate fitness game to give you a workout to do and give you some (limited) instruction on doing it right. I think the advantage over workout DVDs is that it goes at a better pace and can tell when you aren't keeping up. It gives you real-time feedback on how you are doing.