4.5 stars 4.5/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews spread across 3 releases and 0 DLC

Origin builds on the formula with a solid, constructed experience 0

I love how the PC is allowing people to embrace its gaming history by constantly getting older titles updated to work on newer hardware and operating systems. Places like Steam open up a new world for recent PC gamers to dabble in these relics. Lately, it has also given gamers the opportunity to play previously Japanese only videogames in full English. Ys Origin (released in 2006 in Japan) is one of those titles that never saw the light of day outside of Japan. That is until Xseed got the rights...

Addictive-Old-School-Action-JRPG-Fun 0

Let me just get this out there before I start: I've never played any of the Ys games before this one. In fact, I didn't know anything at all about them other than that they were Japanese and looked like RPGs from the back of the boxes and the screenshots. I picked this one up on Steam, I guess, because the new Ys game on the Vita was getting some really good reviews, and I wanted to find out what all the hubbub was about. As you can see by the five-star review, I was pleasantly surprised by...