Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 30, 2005

Falcom's re-imagining of Ys III for the PC and PSP.

Demon's Souls who?

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ventilaator

This game is quite literally the hardest game I've ever played in my life, this coming from a guy who played and completed Demon's Souls. 
    I'm playing on normal, but I'm considering starting over on VERY EASY, because during boss fights if you die a bunch you get a "Lower difficulty level" button, which I end up hitting like 3-5 times before finally beating the boss. Getting to the boss fight alone is ridiculously hard due to enemies hitting hard and there being a long way between healing spots.

Anyone played this? Am I just weak? Why is this game so fucked?

*hits "Lower difficulty level" button on the fire-snake-thing boss for the fourth time*

Paboned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Paboned

that game is not hard, it is punishing 
    get it right, get it tight

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FunExplosions

"Ys" 

That's the noise I made when I read your story. Sounds frustrating. Perhaps you should look up some tactics; see if you're missing something.

mowgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By mowgers

Demon's Souls was tough but fair, once you got the measure of it and understood the way it worked you could beat it providing you were careful. Kinda sounds like Ys is fucked on purpose? Artificially hard or whatever? I dunno.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ventilaator
    @Mowgers said:

" Demon's Souls was tough but fair, once you got the measure of it and understood the way it worked you could beat it providing you were careful. Kinda sounds like Ys is fucked on purpose? Artificially hard or whatever? I dunno. "

It still took me several attempts to beat the boss after hitting the "lower difficulty" button 4 times. I consider that 'fucked on purpose'
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By valrog
    @Mowgers said:
    " Demon's Souls was tough but fair, once you got the measure of it and understood the way it worked you could beat it providing you were careful. Kinda sounds like Ys is fucked on purpose? Artificially hard or whatever? I dunno. "
    This. At least Demon's Souls was hard in a good way, this one is obviously messed up pretty badly.
    ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ventilaator
    @valrog said:
    " @Mowgers said:
    This. At least Demon's Souls was hard in a good way, this one is obviously messed up pretty badly. "
    I completely agree with Demon's Souls not being nearly as hard as it's reputation makes it out to be, but I've also completed other "Fucked on purpose" games.

Super Meat Boy for example, I played that and didn't get nearly as frustrated as I've gotten with this one, and that's kind of saying a lot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.