Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ys

Franchise »

A long-running Japanese action RPG franchise, premiering in 1987 on the PC-88 computer, with releases spanning several platforms.

Ys series on sale for 66% on Steam. Recommend me one!

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By maskedarcstrike

Lock if old.

Didn't notice this until now after hitting the next button on the midweek madness tab. Damn you Trine 2. Ys Chronicles, Origin and The Oath in Felghana are all 66% off for midweek madness. Which should I get? Only really got the money for one right now after Steam sale.

I love the 2d art style of Chronicles, dem sprite animations look gorgeous. Not really digging the 3d style of the other games.

edit: damnit meant 66% off on title ><

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JasonR86

I have Origin and Oath of Felghana and like them both. I would suggest Oath of Felghana first though. It's easier to get into. You should know though that it is heavier on the action then RPG. It's a bit like the Secret of Mana game on SNES.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By TruthTellah
    newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Oath, probably. Origins is a lot of fun and also the earliest game chronologically. I haven't played I & II, but if you are looking to get in to the series I don't see why that would be a bad place to start. If you are only going to play one, though, Oath or Origins would be where it's at

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

I've only played Origins, but I really enjoyed it. Actually put it in my top 10 of whatever year it came out.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

buy all but if you have to chose Oath.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.