Will you buy the card packs when they come out?

#1 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

So Konami said they would be releasing card packs in December. However, they didn't give many more details then that. I will probably only buy them if they offer a decent recipe for a deck cause getting random cards is not working out for me really well cause I have a really random ass deck.

So will you be buying them?

#2 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5813 posts) -

I stopped playing yugioh when I was 13

#3 Posted by Bucketdeth (8005 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan said:
" I stopped playing yugioh when I was 13 "
I did when I was around 13-14 but I know people who still enjoy the game and more power to them. I have always liked Yu-Gi-Oh and was the first real card game I actually learned the rules to, I might even nerd out one of these days and play the online version.
#4 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan said:
And yet we all still play video games and you yourself have almost 1000 posts on a video game forum so let's not play "Who's the biggest nerd?" eh?
#5 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5813 posts) -
@Raymayne said:
" @FancySoapsMan said:
And yet we all still play video games and you yourself have almost 1000 posts on a video game forum so let's not play "Who's the biggest nerd?" eh? "
I wasn't calling him a nerd :\

I was just saying I don't play Yugioh.
#6 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan said:
I've never played Yu-Gi-Oh before this game.
#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18939 posts) -

It all depends on the price of them.  Most likely, I wont.

#8 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" It all depends on the price of them.  Most likely, I wont. "
Are you having trouble constructing a deck with all the random cards?
#9 Posted by JJOR64 (18939 posts) -
@Unknown_Pleasures said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" It all depends on the price of them.  Most likely, I wont. "
Are you having trouble constructing a deck with all the random cards? "
Nope.  I have a solid deck right now.
#10 Posted by Vager (1653 posts) -

I never got into Yugioh. I bought Kaiba's Deck when they first came out then sold it to my brother a week later. I knew how to play it due to most of my friends playing it while I watched.
Pokemon was the only card game I got into.

#11 Posted by SlayingShogun (257 posts) -

I'm definitely not paying for cards in this game. The packs are something that should have been in the game in the first place that could be purchased with the points we get from the duels we win, or by some other means. Why spend actual money for cards I can already get in the game if i just play a little more. By December i think people will have already had their fill of this game, I've certainly almost had, and if that happens what will the point of buying all those cards be if there's no one online to play against. It's annoying enough when so many opponents quit at the first sign of a possible loss.
I really do like this game but i wont spend extra money for card packs.

#12 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I just hate how the cards you get is random everytime...people say you don't get better cards by beating better opponents but when I beat Yusei I got some really good cards....for the preliminary tournament I always get trash.

#13 Posted by SlayingShogun (257 posts) -

yeah i know what you mean but these card packs wouldnt be much different as its still the same deal of getting random cards. The difference would be you always get the same amount but still random .

#14 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@SlayingShogun: If the packs are going to be the same randomness I'm not going to buy them. But I'm hoping they will come out with themed packs. If they have thoughs and they are reasonably priced I will consider buying them.

#15 Posted by Michael_Falzon (1 posts) -

I will probably buy them, just hoping they don't overprice and that they aren't random.....fair enough if they release an update allowing players to trade cards somehow without people being able to exit trades and steal others cards. Also in answer to the earleir question on whether you get a better selection of cards from defeating the likes of yusei or jack, it isn't correct, I usually get the same chance (if not better) for getting rare cards in the preliminary stages,so I just keep repeating the first 3 duels - easy farming XD
#16 Posted by ICE_Trey (20 posts) -

wouldn't it be just niffty if the dlc were cards not unlocked by playing the game?
i'm still scratching my head as to why they put in the Skilled Dark Magician, but not the Dark Magician itself.  Of course I haven't unlocked it yet so for all I know they could have changed the in game effect of SDM so that it CAN summon something.  I don't know i'm just rambling at this point.  Come on Konami, please just do something.

#17 Posted by anterline (73 posts) -

I doubt it, I'm still playing with the cards they provided me.

#18 Edited by Neorecon19 (35 posts) -

They did give us a weak deck to start out with. I've managed to build a half decent deck, but its way too large a deck to  me. And they still haven't released 
those packs  yet!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.