Zafina was born into a group of spiritual warriors with an ancient past. Zafina was raised to be a protector of an imperial temple, however, several years ago, a foreign army attacked the imperial temple she was being raised to protect. Surprisingly, Zafina wiped every single attacker out, and has since been appointed to be the sole assassin of her group.
Zafina uses her spiritual powers as an astrologist, and has been feeling evil omens as of late, feelings that grow stronger and stronger each day. Seeking answers, she asked her group's guru, who told her an ancient tale that only few had ever heard. According to the guru, two evil stars will shake the world when they come into contact, and in doing so, will unite with the sealed ancient evil being protected by her group, which could create a being so powerful it could destroy the world.
Zafina set out to the far east, where the stars were believed to be gathering, at The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6.
After Zafina defeated Azazel, she emerges from the temple and encounters an old man, who is presumbly her guru. Neither say anything, as they both just nod their heads and go their own ways. The old man leaves the area, and Zafina returns to the temple, with the gates closing behind her. Afterwards, the whole site of the temple collapses. It is unknown of what happened to Zafina.
Zafina's fighting style is Kalarippayattu and Ancient Assassination. Zafina has moves that Director Katsuhiro Harada likened to that of a "spider". Zafina has three confirmed stances, the "Tarantula" stance, the "Scarecrow" stance, and the "Praying Mantis" stance. She has many moves for these stances, as well as many moves that can go into these stances.
- Zafina is an Arabic name meaning "Victorious". The usage of this name is rare, so it is quite a special name.
- Along with fighting in the trailer, Zafina also opened two doors and was shocked at what she saw. What she saw is unknown, but speculation leads it to have been Azazel.
- Some of Zafina's animations that are shown before a fight feature her saying "Leave now if you value your life!", "This is a battle you won't walk away from!", "I've warned you.", and "Death becomes you." Some of Zafina's animations that are shown after winning a fight (win animations) feature her saying "Don't say I didn't warn you.", "I must hurry.", "Leave now, and you may live.", and "Your will isn't strong enough to change fate.". She also has an extra win animation which shows her crawling like a spider towards the camera. Then in another angle, she is seen to be actually crawling away from her lying unconscious opponent.
- Zafina (and also Christie Monteiro in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection) can be customized to look like Princess Jasmine from Disney's Aladdin.
- Her fighting moves are very popular by fans. It's considered like a snake-spider fighting style referred as creepy and powerful.
- Unlike the majority of the Tekken 6 characters, Zafina is not a boss in the Scenario Campaign mode. Instead, she allies with Lars Alexandersson (or another character of the player's choosing) and Raven to fight off an army of Tekken Force soldiers. After this, she gives them the location of the temple ruins that house Azazel.
- The Japanese names of Zafina's moves are all based around mythology and characters and items of other Namco games, mostly Tales of Symphonia. The NA names are as well, but to a much lesser extent.