Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zen Pinball 2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 04, 2012

Zen Pinball 2 is a free "shell" for downloadable pinball tables, and is a free upgrade for current owners of Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball.

South Park tables on sale but I have reservations

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By egg

This week the South Park tables are $2.49 instead of $4.99. (in other words, two tables at $1.25 each) But as I'm trying to decide whether to get them, I keep remembering certain issues I had with Zen Pinball 2 when trying out the trial versions of various tables. (of which the South Park tables were by far my favorite) The more I think about them the more I am seriously miffed:

• The default perspective is too cramped, but you have to press the touchscreen icon to change perspective. (on Vita) I would have preferred using buttons/dpad for this?
    • There are a ton of perspectives to choose from (iirc 9 of them if not more) but you can only toggle in one direction. In other words to go from View 3 to View 4 you only have to press the icon once, but to switch back to View 3 you have to press the icon eight more times. =/
    • On some tables, it won't let you change perspective until after you've already launched the ball. WHAT THE HELL
    • The game does not save your perspective; you'll have to change it every time you boot up the game.

Am I the only one who found it annoying? This is like something you'd sort of expect in a trial version, so I had totally shrugged it off when playing the trial versions, until the thought occurred to me that it isn't going to be any different after buying the content.

Though I am considering buying it regardless, if just for consumer research purposes. After I buy it I can report back here on how crappy / not-so-crappy it is!

Thoughts?

Darth-Malum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I got it on release and had a pretty fun time with it, it's a pretty well made table!

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By kewlsnake

I've had those table on my wishlist for a while now. I remember really liking the sound effects from playing the trial version.

Have you considered playing the tables on other platforms?

I can tell you that the PC version also has a "one way" perspective change button (meaning you can't go backwards from view 4 to view 3). However, it does save your perspective setting, it even does so on a per table basis, I just checked. (I always have trouble finding one that suits me!)

I haven't encountered a table that doesn't allow you to change view till you launched the ball. Every table has a little intro section where the camera zooms over the table. I know that the view is locked there, after that you should be able to change it at will. Maybe that's what you have encountered?

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By egg

Oh, guess what. Turns out you can change camera with the Square button. That's a relief!

What's sad is that I had to go to settings just to figure this out. If you press square before the game starts, nothing happens so you never realize it was the correct button. Horrible.

Also the touchscreen icon is in the worst place possible. (Top left corner) Should be on the bottom left.

Kewlsnake - view is locked not just before the game starts, but during certain mini games as well. (Sarcastaball is one example)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.