Should this seriously be a concept?

#1 Posted by jakob187 (21514 posts) -

Shouldn't it just be an object?  

#2 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

It should be an Object.

#3 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Do you ever see a Zenny, though? Call me a Capcomnoob, but if it's any kind of credit-based money, it would be a concept, right?

Of course, you both seem to know more than me. I was just making sure we weren't making an error.
#4 Posted by AkumaX (248 posts) -

I'd class it as a Concept given that it appears across several franchises and it's not really a physical thing.

#5 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
"Do you ever see a Zenny, though? Call me a Capcomnoob, but if it's any kind of credit-based money, it would be a concept, right?
Of course, you both seem to know more than me. I was just making sure we weren't making an error.
"
Credit-based currency would be a concept, but something specific like that would probably be a recurring object, I'd say.
#6 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"Do you ever see a Zenny, though? Call me a Capcomnoob, but if it's any kind of credit-based money, it would be a concept, right?
"
Credit-based currency would be a concept, but something specific like that would probably be a recurring object, I'd say."
I'll assume you know more about Zenny than I do and just take your word for it.
#7 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

Zennies are like Gill, it is fine as a concept.

#8 Edited by jakob187 (21514 posts) -
AkumaX said:
"I'd class it as a Concept given that it appears across several franchises and it's not really a physical thing."
So would that make "gold" a concept?  I mean, "gold" shows up across a ton of different franchises...but it's an object.

The same with "zenny".  You can claim it to be a concept if you want, but it's an object.

Jeff is an editor on the page.  Anything you can add about this, sir?  Maybe I'm just confused on the difference between a concept and an object.
#9 Posted by Apocralyptic (164 posts) -

I'm new here, but it looks like this was never addressed, because it's two years later and Zenny is still a concept. All the other fictional currencies (e.g. Gil) are objects, so if nothing else Zenny should be changed from a concept to an object for consistency.  

Incidentally, what is the proper way to make a change like that?  Is there a way to change the classification, or does one have to make a new page under "objects" and delete the old page?

#10 Posted by Hailinel (22759 posts) -
@Apocralyptic said:
" I'm new here, but it looks like this was never addressed, because it's two years later and Zenny is still a concept. All the other fictional currencies (e.g. Gil) are objects, so if nothing else Zenny should be changed from a concept to an object for consistency.    Incidentally, what is the proper way to make a change like that?  Is there a way to change the classification, or does one have to make a new page under "objects" and delete the old page? "
Not all fictional currencies are objects.  (See:  Macca).
#11 Posted by Apocralyptic (164 posts) -

I'm not sure I agree with that.  I would think that fictional currency is the concept, while things like Zenny, Macca, or Gil would be specific objects that are examples of that concept.  Either way, I don't get what makes Zenny (or Macca) different from Gil.  They both are currencies used across multiple games/franchises, and so I would expect them to be classified the same way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.