The Acid Trip Continues: E3 Trailer

#1 Edited by Cincaid (2948 posts) -

So here's something I didn't expect happening; a Zeno Clash 2 is being released in early 2013 (developed by ACE Team, published by Atlus), and here's the first trailer that'll be shown on this year's E3.

I played the first game on XBLA, and while it had its moments it sure was a very flawed game. I think the story and setting made it unique, but it felt like a very low budget and under-produced title. The trailer show (heavily) updated visuals, and hopefully they'll improve on the combat mechanics and the like. Any interest among my fellow bombers?

Updated with an image fellow bomber wemibelec90 found:

I love that there's a spelling error in this promotional image.
#2 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

Interest in another Zeno Clash game? Fuck yeah

#3 Posted by xyzygy (9623 posts) -

Very interested. I am currently waiting for Zeno Clash UE to get discounted on XBLA to finally play it. It just looks so unique and I had a thing for Breakdown on Xbox so I'm hoping it's something like that.

#4 Posted by BeachThunder (11264 posts) -

Awesome :D I loved Zeno Clash, definitely one of the craziest games I've ever played. 

Also, I want Oxameter to return, hopefully someone chopped down that tree...

#5 Posted by Forcen (1766 posts) -

What, no PC logo at the end? :(

Or maybe they don't use those?

#6 Posted by MisterMouse (3531 posts) -

man... that voice acting in the trailer...

#7 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1543 posts) -

I played the original on Steam before it was updated (I assume they added all the updates from the XBLA version.) It was a decent couple hours for the $5 I payed. Not too keen on that voice acting though.

#8 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3151 posts) -

With the money they got from Rock of Ages and the first Zeno Clash, you'd expect them to get better voice actors somehow.

#9 Posted by Tebbit (4435 posts) -

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

With the money they got from Rock of Ages and the first Zeno Clash, you'd expect them to get better voice actors somehow.

Yes, all that Rock of Ages money.

#10 Posted by Metzo_Paino (318 posts) -

I've no idea what is going on, but I loved the original Zeno Clash & Rock of Ages so I'm very excited.

#11 Edited by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Heavily updated visuals? It looks identical. If anything, worse. Then, I played on PC. The original game had a great look and was technically pretty good looking too.

@Forcen said:

What, no PC logo at the end? :(

Or maybe they don't use those?

That happens a lot these days. If it's not Games for Windows you'll often get trailers that don't denote PC released. I have no doubt this'll come to PC as it seems to run on exactly the same tech, which was Source. Plus all their games came out on PC. The original was on PC well before 360 as far as I know.

EDIT: The updated post with the new picture confirms PC :)

Looks awesome, I loved the original and an open world game with those mechanics a little more fleshed out? Sound frickin awesome, even if the voice acting does not.

#12 Posted by believer258 (11043 posts) -

I've barely even heard of Zeno Clash 1. What is it? A flawed cult hit or just an OK way to kill a few hours?

#13 Posted by JeanLuc (3518 posts) -
#14 Posted by Shookems (473 posts) -

I'm so stoked. The bizarre creature designs were my favorite part of the first game.

"The corwids of the free are not slaves to reality, so, they can be insane."

#15 Edited by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

I didn't realize that I wanted more Zeno Clash but since it's on the table, I'm in!

Co-op is an unexpected move, though.

@MordeaniisChaos said:

Looks awesome, I loved the original and an open world game with those mechanics a little more fleshed out? Sound frickin awesome, even if the voice acting does not.

The kind've bad voice acting was part of Zeno Clash's charm :)

#16 Posted by Cincaid (2948 posts) -

@MordeaniisChaos said:

Heavily updated visuals? It looks identical. If anything, worse. Then, I played on PC. The original game had a great look and was technically pretty good looking too.

Maybe I should have pointed out I was talking about the XBLA version, no need to sound so "PC-Elitist" about it. :)

#17 Posted by nmarchan (170 posts) -

The sequel nobody expected.

. . .

Day one.

#18 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

That looks creepy as hell.

#19 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

Gargh. I can't help but be freaked out everytime I see FatherMother.

#20 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

HELL YEAH. I am so excited, you have no idea. Also, Rimat was an enemy in the first game I believe, so I'm super interested in where we go in the story.

ALSO ALSO, open world zenozoik? fuck yeah

#21 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@Cincaid: PC elitist? Just stating it looked good doesn't mean that at all. I was just qualifying my point that maybe that's why we have differing opinions, not suggesting that you should go fuck yourself because you played it on a console or anything. I hate assholes like that.

#22 Posted by august (3811 posts) -
#23 Posted by Cincaid (2948 posts) -

@MordeaniisChaos: Hehe, all in good fun mate! No offense at all taken, feelings don't translate well onto text format.

#24 Posted by MrCaptain (361 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

Awesome :D I loved Zeno Clash, definitely one of the craziest games I've ever played. Also, I want Oxameter to return, hopefully someone chopped down that tree...

I hate to break it to you, but you find him dead in the desert.

#25 Posted by Tharrington (117 posts) -

I can't wait, and from the sounds of the trailer the voice acting is still horrendous, which I honestly think added to the weirdness of that game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.