What the hell bombcast?!

#1 Posted by JoshS (409 posts) -

Why did this not get mentioned in the new releases? That makes no sense. You mention a piece of shit on DSi Ware but not something that is actually good and worth buying? Shame.

#2 Posted by deathfury (531 posts) -

I know man, I pointed this out in the comments! Its wack!

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18912 posts) -

Never heard of this game.

#4 Posted by JoshS (409 posts) -

I'm hoping they actually USE their own site to get the list of new releases, but it appears not. It is right there on the front page but they skipped it. They should totally do a quick look or at least an article of it. It is in need of the attention and it's not shit.

#5 Posted by JoshS (409 posts) -
JJOR64 said:
"Never heard of this game."
Watch some videos on their website or on Steam. It's really cool.
#6 Posted by Asurastrike (2162 posts) -

Why did what not get mentioned? Am I missing something?

#7 Posted by JoshS (409 posts) -
Asurastrike said:
"Why did what not get mentioned? Am I missing something?"
Unfamiliar with the way Giantbomb's forums work? 

This is in the Zeno Clash game forum but it shows on the main forum page.

Also, if reviews are your thing, check them out so far. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843946  (Thread with links to various review sites)
#8 Posted by pause422 (6172 posts) -

You do know on the main page of GB for at least the last 2 weeks I've seen Zeno Clash listed under upcoming releases....just because they forgot to mention it on the Bombcast isn't the end of the world.

#9 Edited by JoshS (409 posts) -

Sure, and they all use Steam. It's been insanely promoted for the last 2 weeks with their Update News window popping up constantly.

Even so, they see it on the list and haven't even said anything about it when it is far better than half the stuff they talk about for 10-20min sometimes.
#10 Posted by Esseven (2 posts) -

I'm loving Zeno Clash much better than most AAA titles this year. More reviews are on the web now it will only be a short time before Giantbomb notices this gem. (I hope :p) Well if enough buzz is created by fans as the developers are a very small team.

#11 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

I got this.

Gunplay's a bit bullshit, and the missions consist of 'wander around till you get gated and then smash things' but holy shit it is fun. And the style is incredible.

#12 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -
JoshS said:
"I'm hoping they actually USE their own site to get the list of new releases, but it appears not. It is right there on the front page but they skipped it. They should totally do a quick look or at least an article of it. It is in need of the attention and it's not shit."
If they used the site for new releases, they'd be missing out on a lot of games that don't have pages or release data. Totally Spies: Totally Party didn't even have a page until I created it a few days ago.
#13 Posted by JackiJinx (3089 posts) -
LordAndrew said:
If they used the site for new releases, they'd be missing out on a lot of games that don't have pages or release data. Totally Spies: Totally Party didn't even have a page until I created it a few days ago."
The world rejoiced once that page was formed, they did.
#14 Edited by JoshS (409 posts) -
LordAndrew said:
"JoshS said:
"I'm hoping they actually USE their own site to get the list of new releases, but it appears not. It is right there on the front page but they skipped it. They should totally do a quick look or at least an article of it. It is in need of the attention and it's not shit."
If they used the site for new releases, they'd be missing out on a lot of games that don't have pages or release data. Totally Spies: Totally Party didn't even have a page until I created it a few days ago."
Lol that's a bit different. It's all about what the bombcast audience would enjoy hearing about or possibly checking out. If they were to talk about that game it would only be to joke about the totally party bit.

From what I've read on the official forums for the game, gametrailer will be doing a review of Zeno Clash. Hopefully it gets some attention then.
#15 Posted by Asurastrike (2162 posts) -
JoshS said:
"Asurastrike said:
"Why did what not get mentioned? Am I missing something?"
Unfamiliar with the way Giantbomb's forums work? 

This is in the Zeno Clash game forum but it shows on the main forum page.

Also, if reviews are your thing, check them out so far. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843946  (Thread with links to various review sites)
"
Wow that is potentially very confusing.
#16 Posted by JoshS (409 posts) -
Asurastrike said:
Wow that is potentially very confusing."
Yeah it can be. It shows what forum each post is from right under its title.
#17 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

From what I gather on the podcasts, Ryan uses his email for the bombcast. He uses around three or so weekly newsletters: Nintendo, Microsoft, and Gamestop. Zenoclash is Steam-exclusive, so unless someone else brings it up (like a lot of games), a game won't be mentioned.

#18 Posted by JoshS (409 posts) -

That's fair. Hopefully they will talk about it in the next couple weeks. I am honestly interested in what they think of it. I love it and so do a lot of other people.

#19 Posted by Forcen (1806 posts) -
#20 Posted by JoshS (409 posts) -

Yay! I love Brad!

#21 Posted by JoshS (409 posts) -

Yay! It even got a good review :D  Thanks brad!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.