Anyone think this and bioshock infinite are similar?

#1 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

They are both crazy time travel, mulit-verse jumping, alternate timelineing, guy teamed with girl mystery solving crazy twist games.

#2 Posted by BeachThunder (11264 posts) -

Yes.

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19157 posts) -

No.

#4 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

Why not?

#5 Posted by BeachThunder (11264 posts) -

I assume because BioShock Infinite didn't have enough cat and rabbit puns.

#6 Posted by MikkaQ (10224 posts) -

Is that basically just a spoiler for both games? Oh whatever.

#7 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Only if you count me saying "there is a twist" a spoiler.

#8 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1783 posts) -

Mmm, vague story spoilers for not one game, but two! What a deal.

#9 Posted by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -

@jz said:

Well yeah but say you've played Zero Escape and planned on playing Infinite, and you saw this thread, you could start putting together things like "oh they both have multi-verse or something? Is that why it is called Bioshock Infinite?" Personally I haven't played Zero Escape but due to your original post, it seems like someone can definitely get something spoiled from both games from reading the title of this thread.

#10 Posted by MikkaQ (10224 posts) -

@jz said:

The first part of the post is completely part of the twist in at least one of those games.

#11 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

The fact that there is time travel stuff is not a spoiler. What is done with the time travel is very much a spoiler.

#12 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

The problem is that Bioshock Infinite wasn't really on the moon.

#13 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Now that would have a twist.

#14 Posted by BeachThunder (11264 posts) -

In one reality it is...

#15 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

@lordxavierbritish said:

In one reality it is...

I would buy that DLC.

#16 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

That's how it flys, no gravity.

#17 Edited by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -

@jz said:

The fact that there is time travel stuff is not a spoiler. What is done with the time travel is very much a spoiler.

That's like someone spoiling a character's death but not telling how or why, just that the character does die. Its still a spoiler.

#18 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

Not really a character death is a way bigger spoiler, than the fact that time travel is main not hidden at all mechanic of both games. That's like saying murder is as serious as voter fraud.

#19 Posted by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -

@jz: But the idea of time travel and the multi-verse in Infinite is such a huge part of the storyline and one that is best seen firsthand going into it without having the idea that its even there. 2K and Irrational made it so that the advertising and gameplay demos they showed maybe eluded to some weird time travel/multi-verse thing, but it was never said outright.
And though I agree about this time travel/multi-verse thing isn't as bad as spoiling a character's death, it still is spoiling something. I'm definitely glad I went into Infinite not knowing anything about it having any sort of time travel or anything. And I'm sure you did too.

It's probably too late to change the thread title (I haven't made a thread since the site changed, so I don't know if you can change titles to threads now or not) but for future reference, you may not wanna compare Infinite and Zero Escape to each other story-wise for someone can definitely get spoilery things out of that. Its why on the last Bombcast, Brad kept away from comparing Infinite to a movie he was talking about, cause he didn't want to give anything away.

#20 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

Sorry I wanted to talk about something. Spoiler sensitive people have ruined all conversations everywhere.

#21 Edited by BeachThunder (11264 posts) -

:( Aww, poor people who don't want to have their experiences ruined.

#22 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Yeah because I totally did that.

#23 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

You do realize that Infinite has only been out for less then 2 weeks right? Some consideration for spoilers would have been appreciated.

#24 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Oh for fucks sake

Don't go on message board and don't click on bioshock infinite topics. You clicked your fault.

#25 Edited by teenmother (26 posts) -

I actually just finished Infinite last night, then this game five minutes ago.

(VLR did it better.)

#26 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Well much like a book VLR is all story being a visual novel, and bioshock is a FPS.

Had bioshock been like an adventure game or something, the story would have worked better. Also then it would not have been made

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.