Who is on board?

#1 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

As soon as the psn store updates, I'm getting some sweet 999 goodness.

#2 Posted by AngelN7 (2959 posts) -

I only played 999 once , I just couldn't get pass that ending where that crazy bitch Clover killed my pseudo girlfriend and then me with an axe Jesus Christ! I did nothing wrong I just wasn't interested in you! there were more important things to be worried about than being nice with everyone!... that's why Santa was the best character.

#3 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Bitches be crazy

#4 Posted by Cathryn (541 posts) -

I preordered the 3DS version from Amazon and it's not scheduled to ship until Friday :/

#5 Posted by mwng (891 posts) -

Sure, looking forward to reading hella text.

Have to wait a couple more weeks for it to ship from the Americas though.

#6 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

It's actually all voiced

#7 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

@JZ said:

It's actually all voiced

Except for the main character, oddly enough.

I'm there. I wish PSN updated at midnight instead of some unpredictable time during the following evening. Got it off of PSN because it'll help towards that $100 deal they've got going this month plus I don't have to pay taxes, but I'd be way more willing to use the service if we could download games earlier and maybe even pre-load them (which Europeans are able to do with console titles).

#8 Posted by Bocam (3554 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@JZ said:

It's actually all voiced

There's a story reason for that.

Oh and I hope everyone knows this but just to be sure: Don't play VLR until you've finished 999.

#9 Posted by Zidane_24 (737 posts) -

This is pretty much the only game that makes me want a 3DS or Vita. Maybe I'll con my roommate into buying a copy and play it on his 3DS.

#10 Posted by joshth (489 posts) -

I've been coming back to the PSN store so mnay times today. When is it gonna get here?! :D

#11 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Psn does not update till 7 or 8 pm today

#12 Posted by Fobwashed (1626 posts) -

Just picked this up on the 3DS. If it's even close to as good as 999 was, I think I'll be pretty happy. While I wasn't a big fan of Hotel Dusk, I do feel like there's definitely a draw to these bookish type games. I love puzzles but I can't get myself to play games like Layton because I feel the story just gets in the way and is generally uninteresting. 999 on the other hand, I was equal parts interested in the story and the puzzles.

#13 Posted by kerse (2040 posts) -

@Bocam said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@JZ said:

It's actually all voiced

Oh and I hope everyone knows this but just to be sure: Don't play VLR until you've finished 999.

Is it that important? I was thinking of getting this but I don't know anything about 999.

#14 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1521 posts) -

I will be all over it whenever I take the 3DS plunge.

#15 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

@kerse said:

Is it that important? I was thinking of getting this but I don't know anything about 999.

This is a straight up sequel to 999. It's like asking if playing previous Ace Attorney games is important to following the story in the following ones. You could probably manage initially, but there might be a whole lot you don't get or a lot that won't be of much relevance to you compared to those who have finished 999.

#16 Posted by Coafi (1433 posts) -

I will be on board... tomorrow when I pick it up! I can't wait.

#17 Posted by BlackLagoon (1324 posts) -

I'm stuck waiting for a physical copy to cross the Atlantic. Importing since the European version will only have the Japanese voices.

#18 Posted by TwilitEnd656 (617 posts) -

Damn it, that's tomorrow, isn't it? I'll have to put it off for a while... But I WILL be aboard.

#19 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

@TwilitEnd656: Today.

#20 Posted by Superkenon (1191 posts) -

I already put my pre-order in. Gonna get it whenever Amazon decides it so.

I've been avoiding almost any information on this game, but a surface look revealed some returning characters to me -- and with them, I assume, some of the crazy twists of the first game. I'm glad I finally played through it.

#21 Posted by Bocam (3554 posts) -

@kerse said:

@Bocam said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@JZ said:

It's actually all voiced

Yes, It's important. Go play 999 first.

#22 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Does it matter which ending you got in 999?

#23 Posted by Coafi (1433 posts) -

@JZ said:

You should try and get all the endings, that way you have the full story.

#24 Posted by Bocam (3554 posts) -

@JZ said:

The true ending is what this branches off from

#25 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

It's up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#26 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

It's about damn time.

Oh, and it's $5 cheaper on PSN, like all publishers should be doing. Awesome.

#27 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Yeah this discount just payed for the walking dead episode 4. It's like getting it for free now XD

#28 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5750 posts) -

I totally would be if I had a 3DS/Vita. 

#29 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Download complete! See you later bitches

#30 Posted by DonChipotle (2657 posts) -

I've been playing it for a few hours now.

One of the early puzzle made me feel like an idiot.

But then I realized I was OVER thinking it.

Fuck you, Zero.

#31 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1039 posts) -

Man, I wish Nintendo would put everything on the e-shop... I'm gonna have to wait for Amazon to ship it!

#32 Posted by joshth (489 posts) -

been playing for almost five hours now, and god is it everything I hoped for.

#33 Posted by AndrewB (7194 posts) -

@fishmicmuffin said:

Man, I wish Nintendo would put everything on the e-shop... I'm gonna have to wait for Amazon to ship it!

Seriously. I was just thinking of checking the e-shop and buying while holding onto my pre-order for the watch (maybe gifting the physical copy). I just want to play it nowwwwww...

#34 Posted by Linkster7 (1002 posts) -

Wish this game came out on the E-shop.

#35 Posted by DonChipotle (2657 posts) -

I am kind of hooked on this game which is weird because while I enjoyed 999 I was able to put it down. This is not the case for VLR. Being able to jump straight to branching points is great. Especially since I have hit locks and game overs. Also the voice work really helps sell everything. Especially Zero the Third. Motherfucker rocks the mic.

#36 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.