Anyone else pick this game up?

#1 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5284 posts) -

So far I think it's fantastic if a bit hard.  It's a mix of Disgaea and rogue-like rpg's. 

I'm only on chapter 4 and my base level is 231.   

Are any of you enjoying it too?

#2 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

yeah it the best NIS game yet 
It's like a normal NIS game but much much faster

#3 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Yeah I picked it up, but yet to play it. I'm kind of addicted to Oblivion right now. Speaking of that... why the hell did Bethesda can the PSP Travelers version of Oblivion?

#4 Posted by reddin (418 posts) -

Wow, I never even heard of it before I saw this topic!
And it's already out as well..
Currently doing the price comparison between importing the UMD or using the EU PSN store. :)

#5 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

I don't know much about the game, but I love the title.

#6 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@reddin said:
" Wow, I never even heard of it before I saw this topic! And it's already out as well.. Currently doing the price comparison between importing the UMD or using the EU PSN store. :) "
just download it. you'll get it faster and have shorter load times
#7 Edited by reddin (418 posts) -
@trophyhunter: 
I'd first have to put some money on my PSN account. 
Also the price is pretty much exactly the same, so I would rather get a boxed version for the money. Especially since I'm in no rush and have a couple of other PSP games I want to play through first.
I would like the shorter load times however.. PSP should just have a xbox style install option..

Edit:
Just did some more looking into the game and encountered the word rogue-like. My order is currently pending :-)
Love me some rogue-likes.
#8 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -

Bought it on launch day and I love it. Easily some of the best Mystery Dungeon style rogue-like I've played.

#9 Posted by DawnB (40 posts) -

The boyfriend & I played this a fair bit this weekend.  It is highly enjoyable.  Great NIS humor, a bajillion different leveling mechanisms, alternative dungeons and strange strange stories.  AND PRINNIES!  Downloaded from PSN store.

#10 Posted by Starstew (12 posts) -

Picked it up on UMD.  Playing every day on my commute (60-90 mins total).  Enjoying the NIS-zaniness mixed with Roguelike. 

#11 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11134 posts) -

I keep meaning to get it, but it's not in stores (so far as I can tell), and I don't buy things online often, and there's been too many other games that I want more. 

#12 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5834 posts) -

I was looking forward to this game's release for a long time and I still haven't bought it. I should probably get around to doing that sometime.

#13 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -

I'm planning on buying it but I recently got 3 games for my PSP (thanks Amazon!) fairly cheap so I don't think I'll be getting it anytime soon.

#14 Posted by Turambar (6790 posts) -

Captain Harlock reference in the first 30 minutes.  Game of the year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.