Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zettai Hero Project: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 11, 2010

A dungeon role-playing game from the makers of Disgaea.

I am married to a Prinny!

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SuperWristBands

So yeah, this game is crazy. Japanese crazy. I just got this game a day ago and was playing it today. 

Let me break it down for you:

A baby is born at 6AM on the 6th day of the 6th month (get it?) and is prophesied to save the world (backwards, I know). Well Demon General Darkdeath Evilman doesn't dig this so he kidnaps "Super Baby". Enter "Absolute Victory Unlosing Ranger". Late to his battle with Darkdeath Evilman because his mom didn't wake him up falls victim to his one weakness - traffic accidents - hit by a car, lying on the ground with his dying wish, you the kind hearted main character accepts his request to become the new Unlosing Ranger (you could actually choose "no" but I didn't cause I want to be Unlosing).

Taking his place you get owned by Darkdeath Evilman and the instant before death you are sent to Bizzaro Earth where Heroes are trained. Now you must train to live up to your name: Absolute Victory Unlosing Ranger!

Oh and in Bizzaro Earth you are given a family. A daughter and a "loving" wife that is a Prinny. All it does is ask for money. God damn Prinnies.

Oh gameplay? Yeah, its cool too. Its a rouge-like dungeon crawler. I'm like an hour into it and I already know I'm gonna love it.

PS: My main character became a tank-type (treads for legs) and is dual wielding spears. Like a Centaur of war or some shit. Bananas friend.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By animateria

"make-up"-like dungeon crawler eh? 

Maybe if it was a rogue-like instead... I might be interested. 

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By LordXavierBritish

It's so fucking good, so fucking good. 

I can't believe how people have completely passed this game by.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By animateria
    @LordXavierBritish:  

That good? 

I was going to pick it up but Amazon had a sale right before and I bought 3 PSP games that made me pass this game when in first came out.
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @LordXavierBritish: 
    It really does make me sad that its so ignored but that just seems how it is for NIS, as unfair as that is.
    @animateria: 
    I'd say its totally worth buying if you dig the humour. The price is also pretty good. amazon.com has it for $30.

I can't tell how sarcastic your first post was but its a rouge-like, so if you are down with that then, yeah.
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @Sasran:  I thought this game would at least get a review from Gamespot or IGN, since Disgaea is somewhat popular. 

But it really is a great game, I'm enjoying it more than I ever did Disgaea.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By animateria
    @Sasran said:
    " @LordXavierBritish: 
    It really does make me sad that its so ignored but that just seems how it is for NIS, as unfair as that is.
    @animateria:  I'd say its totally worth buying if you dig the humour. The price is also pretty good. amazon.com has it for $30.  I can't tell how sarcastic your first post was but its a rouge-like, so if you are down with that then, yeah. "

Eh, my sense of humor is mostly just for my own pleasure. It's like that in real life too (whatever that means), except it's not just text so it's actually readable...  (Heh, readable...)

Or is it? Sometimes I wonder...
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By SteamPunkJin

The Trailer for this game looked so amazing. Why oh why won't you give me a DS version?!

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @FancySoapsMan: 
    I didn't even notice that they didn't review it. I tend to frequent 1up.com because I like their podcasts but they posted a review. Jeremy Parish gave it a B.

@SteamPunkJin: 
    The trailer was so weird and now having played the game and seeing how my character actually has a tank for legs I wonder what "big bouncing boobies" or whatever they said would be like. If its in the game, it'll be messed up fo sho.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By luce
    @FancySoapsMan:  

GameSpot staffer gave it his own personal GotY award. Weird.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.