Any examples of a Zombie Cyborg?

#1 Posted by Chewii101 (820 posts) -

Can anyone think of an example of a Zombie Cyborg???

#2 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

Isn't the Nemesis in RE3 kind of partially cybernetic?

#3 Posted by Hamst3r (4481 posts) -

I think we need to get one thing straight here: Zombies are reanimated corpses. Meaning, if the creature never died, it's not a zombie.  If something is a mindless shambling drone, it's zombie-like, but not a zombie.

Nemesis and all of the other enemies in the Resident Evil series are not zombies.  They're just infected humans and mutants.  They never died, thus they are not zombies.  This even applies to the original Resident Evil "zombies" - they're infected, not the undead.

#4 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -
Hamst3r said:
"I think we need to get one thing straight here: Zombies are reanimated corpses. Meaning, if the creature never died, it's not a zombie.  If something is a mindless shambling drone, it's zombie-like, but not a zombie.

Nemesis and all of the other enemies in the Resident Evil series are not zombies.  They're just infected humans and mutants.  They never died, thus they are not zombies.  This even applies to the original Resident Evil "zombies" - they're infected, not the undead."
Actually, lots of them are reanimated corpses, so you're wrong.
#5 Posted by Jedted (2345 posts) -

The geth husks in Mass Effect are like cybernetic zombies.  They kill dudes by putting them on these spikes and the spikes turn them into mindless, undead, zombies.

That's all i can think of really.

#6 Posted by Damonation (556 posts) -

Jason in Jason X. He starts off his normal self, then dies. Later he is brought back to life by a bunch of nano-machines that rebuild half of his body. While he isn't a zombie in the traditional sense of eating brains, he is undead.

#7 Posted by roushimsx (485 posts) -

Lex in Bioforge seems to fit the bill.

#8 Edited by mondo625 (37 posts) -
wouldn't the bad cannibal guy from judge dredd be one?
#9 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Zombine.
Combine soldiers are modified.
Then they die.
Then they reanimate.

#10 Posted by Lunarbunny (1025 posts) -

Well, I was thinking Strogg but I guess they're not exactly zombies, since the hosts are not undead.

#11 Edited by Chewii101 (820 posts) -

K. Gotta set some rules up. 

1. The zombie MUST be resurrected by a ZOMBIE virus (or by some other means), not by the cybernetic upgrades. 
    2. Therefore, the husks do not comply, as they are brought back to life by geth technology, not a zombie virus
    3. Rule 1. is really the only rule. 

Good hunting! 

#12 Posted by LiquidPrince (15909 posts) -

Rules:

1. You have to die.
  2. You have to reborn by some supernatural means, or any Zombie related revival,
  3. Once revived, you must be upgraded with Cyborg parts.
#13 Posted by Kman (77 posts) -

iron man in marvel zombies could be a cypernetically enhanced zombie right...?

#14 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
Kman said:
"

iron man in marvel zombies could be a cypernetically enhanced zombie right...?

"
Not technically because take Tony Stark out of his armor and hes just a zombie (aside from his heart machine) but even so he would be more zombie than cyborg
#15 Posted by cdstacker (90 posts) -

so no borg?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.