Favourite kind of Zombie, from what game?

#1 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -

Kinda self-explanatory.
I haven't played any of the Resident Evil games, so I'd have to say the Half-Life 2 zombies (regular, fast, poison and combine) where very nicely implemented.
Furthermore, I like the trash-talking zombies from Postal: Apocalypse Weekend.
And the blue zombies from Eternal Darkness, the ones that "sing"? Always fun to chop off their heads =]

#2 Posted by Giantkitty (808 posts) -

My favorite zombie is Lord Raptor - you get to stick your ribcage through your opponents and turn them into a ball and slam dunk them

#3 Edited by ProfessorEss (7518 posts) -

I'd like to see a zombie game implement zombies in the same way that the Dawn of the Dead remake did it.

On day (level) one there would be much fewer zombies around, but they're fresh and haven't rotted away too much so they're still pretty quick on their feet. As the story (game) progresses they get more rotten and slower but naturally, their numbers exponentially increase.

As far as my current favourite zombies in a game, I gotta go with Dead Rising. Even tho I didn't like the game very much, classic zombie shtick has always been about the masses for me.

#4 Posted by hazzard4123 (196 posts) -

I would have to go with the Half Life Headcrab Zombies (Not the crabs themselves, but the normal "Yabba my Icing!" zombie with a headcrab)

#5 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

When Left 4 Dead comes out, those dudes.

#6 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"When Left 4 Dead comes out, those dudes."
I am looking forward to facing some zombies that move faster than a snail's pace.
#7 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

Nemesis from Resident Evil

#8 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

Necromorphs - Dead Space

#9 Edited by PureRok (4236 posts) -

I like the zombies in Dead Rising, even if I didn't like the game. Those zombies were how zombies should be: slow and stupid. If they run I can't think of them as zombies. I'm really looking forward to Left 4 Dead, but I'll never really think of the infected people in that game as zombies.

#10 Edited by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
PureRok said:
"I like the zombies in Dead Rising, even if I didn't like the game. Those zombies were how zombies should be: slow and stupid. If they run I can't think of them as zombies. I'm really looking forward to Left 4 Dead, but I'll never really think of the infected people in that game as zombies."

Agreed. The word zombie itself implies a brainless, sluggish undead. L4D monsters seem to be humans infected with a virus that takes away all shreds of humanity, but allows them to retain their intelligence and mobility.
#11 Posted by hazzard4123 (196 posts) -

Im going to change my answer to Zombine from HL2: EP1 and EP2

#12 Edited by Gameboi (653 posts) -

I'm old school, and still have a special place in my heart for the slow, lumbering zombies from the Resident Evil of years past.

#13 Posted by Daz0608 (384 posts) -

Left 4 Dead, fast and there are a lot of them

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.