The Walking Dead begins: Halloween

Posted by Sweep (8790 posts) -

The walking dead finally got an official trailer

and a date for the first episode: Halloween.

Why should you be excited about this? Because The Walking Dead is a completely awesome graphic novel, the continuing zombie apocalypse story that isn't afraid of being absolutely ruthless with it's supporting cast. The trailer looks to be sticking pretty close to the source material so you will need to stay tuned, there are some excellent plot twists. People die frequently, unexpectedly, and in a variety of horrific ways. See for yourself:  

Read all about it on Screened :D

Thanks For Reading 
Love Sweep
#1 Posted by Sweep (8790 posts) -

The walking dead finally got an official trailer

and a date for the first episode: Halloween.

Why should you be excited about this? Because The Walking Dead is a completely awesome graphic novel, the continuing zombie apocalypse story that isn't afraid of being absolutely ruthless with it's supporting cast. The trailer looks to be sticking pretty close to the source material so you will need to stay tuned, there are some excellent plot twists. People die frequently, unexpectedly, and in a variety of horrific ways. See for yourself:  

Read all about it on Screened :D

Thanks For Reading 
Love Sweep
#2 Posted by GunstarRed (4996 posts) -

I saw an advert for it on FX  before Dexter the other night so it looks like we are getting it in the UK pretty soon also.
#3 Posted by Fallen189 (4931 posts) -

Any parts you're looking forward to? Assuming its sticking to the books

#4 Posted by Sweep (8790 posts) -
@Fallen189: The Prison sequence is pretty awesome, especially towards the end. 

I also like the direction the choose to take Rick's character. Bananas!
#5 Posted by Fallen189 (4931 posts) -

The trailer looks fantastic. Just the way they cut it and did the brilliant audio. Might inspire me to read the books again in preperation

#6 Posted by JMartNWA (194 posts) -

I have enjoyed TWD since the first panel of Issue One... to think Darabont is joining Kirkman for this venture really has me believing this show is going to be an enormous hit.  I can't wait to see Kirkman's vision come to life.  He has stated that many many things have been changed for the sole reason that his readers will still be surprised with some of the events and will not know it all and can enjoy the story all over again.  I trust him... his track record is undeniable with TWD, Invincible, and even Astounding Wolf-Man among his other collaborative efforts.  This is THE show for the fall.  I would be shocked if it isn't fantastic.  Agreed... if the prison stuff gets done and done well, it's going to be perfect TV.  Bring it on AMC.  You're already 3 for 3 and this one is going to be a phenomenon. 

#7 Posted by Redbullet685 (6019 posts) -

Can not wait. I am up to date with the WD volumes of the comics. Can't wait for the show, and Volume 13.

#8 Posted by phlegms (1607 posts) -

I lurved the bewks. Should finish them one of these days. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.