Gamespot's review

• 78 results
#51 Posted by Sterling (2696 posts) -

The game is in the bundle for the system I ordered (newegg). So I will check it out. I never really had any interest in it myself. But since I will own it, I might as well see what it is all about. Its too bad the first review for it is not a good one.

#52 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (928 posts) -

Good thing gamefly is shipping it to me than

#53 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -

@ripelivejam: Do you really believe that Nintendo will be able to sell strictly for the strength of their first party titles? Don't forget that with the WiiU they are targeting a completely different crowd then what they were going for with the Wii so most casual gamers won't give a shit about a new Nintendo console. Hell, most of those people are not even aware that there's a new Nintendo console.

We'll see though. Frankly I think the WiiU will not come even close to doing half of what the Wii has done. Maybe in the long run but as soon as the new Xbox and the PS come out most console gamers will not even spit in that WiiU's direction.

Frankly I think that Nintendo has to grab as much crowd as they can in the next two years or it's gonna be a rerun of the gamecube all over again. For that they need good third party support.

I really need to know what opinions are on the WiiU.

#54 Edited by handlas (2748 posts) -

I saw the 4.5 score on my phone. It showed up on the ZombiU search when you search the mobile Gamespot site. Woops. Where did you see the video review and stuff?

Too bad. It was the title I was most interested in but I ended up not preordering a WiiU so it doesn't really matter. I'd still buy one simply for Mario games because I haven't owned a Nintendo product since the Gamecube.

edit: Video review is up on youtube actually... easy search to find it. Is that not like... bad? Can't they can't in trouble for being so careless? This is not the first time if I remember correctly.

#55 Posted by FreakAche (2955 posts) -

Not really surprising. I got super confused when people were actually getting hyped for this. Did you guys really forget Red Steel so quickly?

#56 Posted by Solh0und (1846 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot said:

It's like Red Steel all over again.

Basically.

#57 Posted by spiceninja (3068 posts) -

This game was a huge system seller for a friend of mine. He even pre-ordered it and a Wii U. Can't wait to laugh in his face because I'm just the best friend in the world.

#58 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

I've seen some sites liking it. I'm still going to get it tomorrow.

#59 Posted by Omega (836 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot said:

It's like Red Steel all over again.

Oh man, I can't wait for ZombiU2 its going to be awesome, never seen a cell shaded western themed zombie game before... I hope Bono is in it.

#60 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@mordukai: I was going to get a WiiU day one. It'll probably be next year before I purchase one now. As for what I think, it will sell nothing like the Wii and will be outdated pretty quickly. The only thing helping it will be the easy ports from today's other consoles. I played a little of the WiiU at Gamestop and wasn't that impressed. But there again, having a bunch of Nintendo software in HD does seem rather attractive. Time will tell.
#61 Posted by TwoArmed (115 posts) -

@handlas: @Gonmog: @alternate: The video review can be seen on the Gamespot TV app on the Xbox, which prompted me to go to Gamefaqs and see if people were whining about it. They were, and someone had posted those three links in one of the topics about it. I figured I'd bring them here for people to see.

#62 Edited by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Just play the No More Room in Hell Source mod people. Nothing to see here, just another limited console game. To think people are actually shelling out on a new console just to play Zombie U.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/no-more-room-in-hell

#63 Edited by MidiSurfMind (4 posts) -

Seems the game is getting pretty mixed reviews. Official Nintendo gave it 92%, Gamesmaster apparently gave it 97% and Edge (who I gather are pretty tough with scores) apparently gave it a 7.

Edit - not read the GM or Edge reviews myself though. ONM tend to get accused of bias a lot (they rated Red Steel pretty highly at the time) but I think they gave Nintendoland less than they gave Zombi.

#64 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2502 posts) -

It's probably great.

#65 Posted by Gonmog (602 posts) -

Just seems like such a huge step down from IGNs glowing preview. I hope it is just the reviewer not enjoying the game based on his tastes, and not that the game is overly broken or anything like that.

#66 Posted by Centurypunk (30 posts) -

Yeah, it looked kinda bad.

#67 Posted by Gonmog (602 posts) -

Patrick "ZombiU Is really awesome."

Ok then. Im sold.

#68 Posted by kishinfoulux (2506 posts) -

@Gonmog said:

Just seems like such a huge step down from IGNs glowing preview. I hope it is just the reviewer not enjoying the game based on his tastes, and not that the game is overly broken or anything like that.

Not sure if you realize, but previews are always glowing. This is why I don't read them. Video walkthroughs are much more helpful, because you are actually seeing the game in action.

Also the reviewer was Greg Miller, PS3 nuthugger extraordinaire. I'd have been shocked for him to give a Nintendo game a good score. On top of the fact that he's a moron.

#69 Posted by pandorasbox (303 posts) -

It seemed weird to me just how much Patrick seemed to appreciate this game in the QL. The game isn't awful or anything, but it looks extremely repetitive. Can't argue either way, as i haven't actually played it, but it just looks boring.

#70 Posted by SteveV (182 posts) -

Well, I´m buying the ZombiU bundle anyway, it´ll be my guilty pleasure :)

Sometimes...or rather most of the time me and reviewers don´t quite see eye to eye on everything.

#71 Posted by awesomeusername (4216 posts) -

@MB said:

While watching the videos and gameplay of ZombiU that have been shown so far, I never really understood what people were getting so excited about. It seemed, and still does seem, like a mediocre shooter with WiiU gamepad gimmicks forced in almost as a sort of tech demo.

I'm curious to see what the impending Giant Bomb review and quick look have to say about ZombiU, but...not surprised by this.

Eggsactly. I don't understand what the hell people saw in it. It looked terrible from the beginning and I think it would've been better if they stuck to the killer alien theme instead of Zombi's.

#72 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

At least the multiplayer seems cool. And there are people who think this review is fake, I mean, seriously?

#73 Edited by SomeJerk (3389 posts) -

Reviews who rated this highly: "This is Dark Souls in a first person perspective with zombies"

GameSpot review: "I hate survival horror games"

IGN review: The reviewer is a retard who shits on Nintendo any time he gets a chance

#74 Posted by loyalroyal1989 (44 posts) -

This review did worry me but then i saw that all of my most trusted sites gave this game a good score so all this has done is make me 100% sure that you can not trust a GameSpot review. They have been shit since i certain group of people set up this site. I am really looking forward to getting this game the 30th cant come soon enough.

#75 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -
@loyalroyal1989

This review did worry me but then i saw that all of my most trusted sites gave this game a good score so all this has done is make me 100% sure that you can not trust a GameSpot review. They have been shit since i certain group of people set up this site. I am really looking forward to getting this game the 30th cant come soon enough.

Or maybe the reviewer just didn't enjoy the game. It seems like a game that appeals to a certain audience, and maybe that audience didn't include the reviewer. I think present gamespot is a really solid review website, they grade hard on games and not very many sites do that.
#76 Posted by Jared (563 posts) -

It seems like reviewers either love this game or hate. This game is amazing. Survival horror is still a genre and reviewers should review ZombiU knowing that's the genre its in. This isn't an action game yet some reviewers are reviewing the game like it is. ZombiU is difficult, rewarding and slow in a good way. If a reviewer wants an action based "zombie" game then play RE6.

#77 Posted by spankingaddict (2735 posts) -

Eggsactly. I don't understand what the hell people saw in it. It looked terrible from the beginning .

WRONG ! WRONG ! WRONG ! ZombiU turned out excellent . :P

#78 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6108 posts) -

Yay necro. The gamestop summary on metacritic is pretty amusing considering ZombiU is actually considered the lone bright spot of the Wii U to date: "With an uninteresting world and dull combat, the survival horror game ZombiU is a weak link in the Wii U's launch lineup."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.