Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ZombiU

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 18, 2012

A first-person survival horror game set in London during a modern-day zombie apocalypse. As a launch title for the Wii U, it features extensive use of the system's GamePad.

Got a chance to play the ZombiU demo

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Genkkaku

I'd just like to say that I haven't been a fan of the Wii U since announcement. I thought the controller looked kind of gimmicky and dumb, and that Nintendo wasn't really doing a whole lot to entice players over from the other consoles.

I got a chance today to play this along with Nintendoland and Super Mario Bros. U.. I will say that I wasn't really impressed with either of those two, but I was super impressed by ZombiU. The game feels like a really good zombie survival game, in my first run through I died pretty quickly after not managing a group very well, and my mate's character who ran through before me took all the guns.. The surviver system seems really cool, with losing a survivor and having to retrive those lost item's, the whole inventory management is kinda neat and adds to the suspense, and the shooting felt really good, and more slow and methodical then just action run & gun..

Before getting a chance to play ZombiU I can say that the Wii U interested me little but now I really want to play it.. I also think that the trailers don't do it justice

Anyone else had a chance to play it? I can also answer very few things about it, so I guess ask me anything about ZombiU!

dikfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By dikfox

@Genkkaku: Does it have multiplayer?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Does this game have Jeff Bridges?

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Thoseposers

@dikfox said:

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/13/3592140/zombiu-path-to-wii-U-launch

this article says that apparently there's an asymmetrical multiplayer mode at least where the player with the game pad will manage resources and place zombies and stuff while another player plays through the level with the pro controller or wiimote and nunchuck. sounds pretty cool to me

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Shaanyboi

I think this may be a fun compliment to Walking Dead... Play that for all the good character interaction, story etc. But then play ZombiU for the fun, actiony, survival side of things...

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Genkkaku

@Brodehouse: You would think so.. but alas not

@Thoseposers said:

@dikfox said:

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/13/3592140/zombiu-path-to-wii-U-launch

this article says that apparently there's an asymmetrical multiplayer mode at least where the player with the game pad will manage resources and place zombies and stuff while another player plays through the level with the pro controller or wiimote and nunchuck. sounds pretty cool to me

Theres now a video posted on the main page of it, but unfortunately it wasn't playable in the demo

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ExplodeMode

@Genkkaku:

Did you feel like the controllers screen could be done in a traditional window, as in, on a current console? Was there anything that seemed just impossible to do on a 360 or PS3?

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Genkkaku

@ExplodeMode: it probably could be on screen, it would seem a little more clunky having to select and item to move across from what your searching, but you would lose that little element it adds to gameplay, in that your having to manage your time between looking for items while not looking at the screen..

There is alot more going on then just inventory management on the screen, there's the scan the environment stuff as well that felt neat..

I wonder though if it's playable with the classic controller how they will handle it then, that will have your answer i bet

Dredlockz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Dredlockz

@Genkkaku said:

Before getting a chance to play ZombiU I can say that the Wii U interested me little but now I really want to play it.. I also think that the trailers don't do it justice

Good to know, think I'm getting it at launch now. I have a 3-year-old that is incredibly proficient with a touchscreen (he plays angry birds, plants vs zombies, etc on the iPad), but he sucks with a controller, so the console seems perfect for him, and I can play ZombiU on it :p

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By DeF

@Genkkaku said:

@ExplodeMode:

I wonder though if it's playable with the classic controller how they will handle it then, that will have your answer i bet

It isn't. The game can only be played with the GamePad as all the features are essential to the game's design.

The multiplayer supports the Pro Controller, Classic Controller and Wiimote/Nunchuk for the FPS part, though.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Genkkaku

@Dredlockz: Out of the three games I played, the only one that used the touch screen, was a minigame in Nintendo land so i'm not sure how many games will be soley based on the touch controls

@DeF: Yeah I though it might be something like that, the GamePad was integral to the experience they were trying to show.. thanks for clearing that up for me

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.