Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ZombiU

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 18, 2012

A first-person survival horror game set in London during a modern-day zombie apocalypse. As a launch title for the Wii U, it features extensive use of the system's GamePad.

Just bought this. Way better than I expected!

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mars

As the title suggests, I'm really enjoying this game. The Miiverse community is buzzing with positive comments but I'm not seeing much here. No excitement on GB for this title? Any questions I can answer for those on the fence I would be happy to answer. My Nintendo id is mars_elliot ... Feel free to friend me if you have this game. Don't have any Nintendo friends yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e5a8081075a
    deactivated-60e5a8081075a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Really enjoying this game too (my personal game of the year). The visuals aren't brilliant (not surprising given its a launch title) but the lighting effects and sound design are both stunning. Best of all it actually feels like a survival horror game, a genre that has been lacking for years (the last great survival horror game I played prior to this was the REmake on Gamecube).

Overall I'm really pleased with it. Money well spent :D

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By linkster7

I'm going to go buy this today, Nintedoland and Mario fell a little short for me. This seems at least unique.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mars

@Linkster7 said:

I'm going to go buy this today, Nintedoland and Mario fell a little short for me. This seems at least unique.

Its definitely unique, but dont go in hoping for an action packed experience. I spend most of my time praying that there aren't zombies around the corner. With such limited ammo, I find myself using it very sparingly ... even to the point of leaving much of it in the safe house so I don't lose everything while attempting to return to my corpse if I die again. I am still in the early stages, graphics aren't great, but atmosphere is phenomenal. I can't wait to play some more! Side note: my "non-gamer" wife is even enjoys watching me play the game. Considering picking up a pro controller and letting her be "king of the zombies" in multiplayer.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By evanbower

Great to hear. Just got my Wii U a few days ago, and ZombiU is definitely near the top of my list. Each positive comment assures me that much more.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Hosstile17

ZombiU and Scribblenauts are probably the best things on that system.

Geurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Geurge

Played a little bit of it, but I stopped playing when I got killed by the first horde. The prepper told me to go somewhere and prepare or something, but I missed it and now I'm just dying, respawning and running out into a group of zombies with very limited resources. Should have another go soon.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

I loved ZombiU right up until the point where

you lose all your gear and are forced to fight with extremely limited supplies. This would have been fine if they also didn't take away your cricket bat.

In conclusion, fuck this game.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By linkster7

@Mars said:

@Linkster7 said:

Its definitely unique, but dont go in hoping for an action packed experience. I spend most of my time praying that there aren't zombies around the corner. With such limited ammo, I find myself using it very sparingly ... even to the point of leaving much of it in the safe house so I don't lose everything while attempting to return to my corpse if I die again. I am still in the early stages, graphics aren't great, but atmosphere is phenomenal. I can't wait to play some more! Side note: my "non-gamer" wife is even enjoys watching me play the game. Considering picking up a pro controller and letting her be "king of the zombies" in multiplayer.

Well this description just makes me want it more actually. Perfect when I just discovered I can't afford it for another couple of weeks.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By JJOR64

Glad you guys are liking it. I think Zombi U is the best Wii U game right now.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Sackmanjones

Beat it Saturday night. It's a hell of a game and it really shows off what that second screen can do.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Carryboy

I'm liking it overall, just got to the tower of London am I about half way through?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Carryboy

I'm liking it overall, just got to the tower of London am I about half way through?

Sounds about right. That place is a bitch so beware.
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Hizang

Are there checkpoints in this game? Or when I die do I have do go back to the beginning of the game?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @Mars

@Linkster7 said:

That sounds like what a zombie horror game should be. Makes me want the game.
    Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Funkydupe

I've seen a guy play it on YouTube. It looks like a lot of fun. The twist of starting as a new person having to fight your old zombie-self to retrieve your gear is a nice touch.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mars

You never lose your cricket bat upon death. But for some reason, they move it to the upper left item corners when you respawn. You can rearrange items to your preferred placement in your pack.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mars

Just finished the campaign. And while it was great, I don't think my heart can handle another play through.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Jackel2072

Just got my Wii U going to pick this up tomorrow.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Hizang

I got given it for Christmas, I was worried because although I do like Giant Bomb a lot of other media outlets have called it a bad game. I'm safe to say it's a pretty fun game so far, although i did fuck up though. I got to the part where there is a large horde outside your safehouse, I then died and then when I tried to kill my old body I was killed by the rest of them. So now I am stuck with hardly any items, but I suppose that is what makes these games "Fun" to play.

I'm surprised at how fun it is, defiantly a surprise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.