Well, it happened, and I think Im done with this game (spoilers)

#1 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

As much as I was liking ZombiU (and I was), I always feared that I would eventually be so far into a mission and die, that it would just crush me and I wouldnt have the heart to corpse run back...and it just happened. Spoilers just in case like I said in the topic, but I was doing the quest to go to the Tower Of London, backpack full of ammo and my gun, the double barred shogun, granade, 3 molotov, and a newly aquired assault rifle in the Tower itself, when what I assume is the final part triggers and I have to run up the tower...and I die. Was out of medpacks, and died in the good old "let me loot this zombie since the room is cleared oh wait you decided to spawn 1 behind me game ok cool" way.

If that wasnt bad enough, the cut scene with the helicopter crashing STILL triggers (i assume that was to happen at the end of the mission) and now when Im back with the new survivor, Im on a new quest to get fuel for the generator, so I lost my tower of london quest icon thing so I honestly dont think I can even remember how to get back there for my corpse / loot... nor can I be arsed to to be honest. Hell, I turned off the game when that happened I was so crushed so I probably cant even corpse run now.

So yeah, I think Im done with this. Its a shame, and Im not even blaming the game (except the spawning zombies shit, thats just lame), I knew what I was getting into, but I have so much shit to play as it is, I dont think I can be arsed with these types of mechanics these days. I guess I could carry on with my new survivor, i did stash a carabine in the safehouse, but I dunno...I read the game gets alot more action-y later on too, which is NOT something the game does well.

Funny thing is, at first this game was pumping me to finally try Dark Souls, now im back to not wanting to touch it ever like I was before (again, not blaming the games, just not for me). I guess in the end Im just a big pussy :)

#2 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (743 posts) -

Considering the title contains a spoiler warning, I'll post this.

Later on, the game strips you of all your equipment, and forces you into an arena fight against armoured zombies with a pistol and extremely limited ammo.

That was the point where I quit. Fuck that bullshit. That is poor game design.

#3 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

@dekkadekkadekka said:

Considering the title contains a spoiler warning, I'll post this.

Later on, the game strips you of all your equipment, and forces you into an arena fight against armoured zombies with a pistol and extremely limited ammo.

That was the point where I quit. Fuck that bullshit. That is poor game design.

yeah i heard about the arena (didnt know it stripped you of your shit lol) which is what I meant about it being more action-y later on. I dunno, maybe ill carry on with my survivor with the gear I had stashed in the safehouse, who knows...but yeah, huge bummer

#4 Posted by Live2bRighteous (315 posts) -

I still want to get a Wii U just for this game. Maybe one day...

#5 Posted by ImpendingFoil (555 posts) -

I also died at the Tower of London and lost all my stuff. I will say this though, you find way better stuff in the game later on that most likely would have replaced all that stuff.

#6 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

@ImpendingFoil said:

I also died at the Tower of London and lost all my stuff. I will say this though, you find way better stuff in the game later on that most likely would have replaced all that stuff.

Ok, went back in there with a clearer head, got my stuff from my previous dude (well most of it, coulndt fit any more since i took some stuff with me to make sure i would survive, got all the weapons back and ammo at least), feeling better now. This game man... something about it, keeps pulling me back in (still dreading the arena shit tho). Ok, now I want to play Dark Souls again :P

#7 Posted by PoToSkull (110 posts) -

Honestly the arena stuff is like maybe 10 - 15 mintues worth of combat. It isn't bad at all. In fact the game gives you obvious hints on what to do to clear the waves of enimies, and by waves I mean 3 to 4 at a time. I kind of liked it too, a lot of tension in that part.

#8 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

@PoToSkull said:

Honestly the arena stuff is like maybe 10 - 15 mintues worth of combat. It isn't bad at all. In fact the game gives you obvious hints on what to do to clear the waves of enimies, and by waves I mean 3 to 4 at a time. I kind of liked it too, a lot of tension in that part.

just passed the arena, and you are right, it wasnt THAT bad. It still has no place being in the game, but its not game breaking or anything. I lost my dude full of gear and then another one, and got it on the third guy, and u get a bunch of stuff right after anyway so its no big deal. So i guess the only thing I have left to do is get the remaining Dee letters, that sounds like a bit of a pain to be quite honest, oh well.

Also wish you could change topic titles because I wasnt, nor am I done with this game obviously :P It also keeps going up and down in my GOTY list, I almost bumped it down during the arena, but like previously said, its not that long so its still hanging in there strong in the upper numbers in my list. Worth buying a WiiU for it, absolutely not. Worth playing if you have a WiiU tho, absolutely, very different experience from anything out there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.