nfld's ZombiU (Wii U) review

• nfld wrote this review on .

Good mature choice

Not wanting a port or a kids game I picked this up when I got my Wii u. Good game it has a slow creeping pace and heavy oppressive atmosphere. First person melee combat that is very deliberate and gunplay with very limited ammo. The gamepad is used as a map and for inventory making the player take the eyes of the main screen causing some tense moments when zombies are bearing down. I would rate the game as hard giving the slow pace scarce ammo and health. When you do die you really feel it because you have to do a corpse run or lose all your inventory causing yet more tension. The graphics and the sound on there own are average but combine into proper horror presentation, you will think before walking down that dark hallway. All in all a good mature choice for this lean time at the start of the Wii u's life.