Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 30, 2012

A compilation of both PS2 Zone of the Enders games, with updated visuals, achievements and a new opening animation for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

What's the word on Zone of the Enders HD Collection?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By McGhee

So I love this series. ZOE 2 is one of my all time favorite games. There's nothing quite like its style of gameplay. I was excited when an HD collection was announced, but it is now out and I'm seeing a lot of negative stuff about it.

A lot of people are saying the framerate is terrible in ZOE 2, especially on the PS3, even worse than the PS2 version. If this is true it is unforgivable.

Anyone played this game? What is your experience?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

The only reason I bought the original ZOE was to play the MGS2 demo, and I got a decent flying mech game as a bonus. However, my memories definitely aren't fond enough to prompt me to pick up an HD version, which apparently isn't a very good conversion anyway.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Bocam

The PS3 version has some serious slowdown. Unlocking trophies also cause the game to freeze for a bit.

holdthephone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By holdthephone

Game runs fine enough on PS3, not enough slowdown to ruin anything, but 360 should be your first choice. If you already own the PS2 games, you might as well steer clear as they have the best framerates.

But yeah, the fist game is just as awful as before, and ZoE2 is still rather exceptional. Posted a review of it under the user reviews for anyone curious about the games.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By MetalBaofu

@Bocam said:

The PS3 version has some serious slowdown. Unlocking trophies also cause the game to freeze for a bit.

Never had any of that on mine that I noticed. Everything seemed fine to me. I'm not one to really notice framerate, though, so my opinion probably doesn't mean much.

@holdthephone said:

But yeah, the fist game is just as awful as before, and ZoE2 is still rather exceptional.

I don't think I ever played them when they first came out, but after playing the HD collection I felt kinda the opposite of that. I really enjoyed playing the first one, but found myself more annoyed with 2. I felt like I was constantly fighting the camera/lock-on and having to do things that I didn't enjoy. Overall, I liked them both, though.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By GERALTITUDE

It's really too bad if the PS3 framerate sucks. ZOE2 is really amazing game I think, and it was super beautiful at the time. I hope Patrick does a Quick Look at some point. I'd get the 360 version but I ain't got no 360.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Flappy

The first game is as clunky as I remember it, but ZOE2 still holds up very well. The only problem? Framerate issues out the wazoo. I love the game to death, but when you take away the fast-paced mecha combat that made the original such a blast to play, it kinda takes me out of the zone. I'm hoping for a patch of some sort to fix the issues.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By csl316

I haven't run into any frame rate issues on 360. I blew through the first in 4 hours, and it's simple and fun but nothing amazing 2 is fantastic and this has been a great way to replay it.

Can't speak for the PS3 version, though. Went with 360 since I still have a PS2 copy.

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By dropabombonit

Comes out in the UK at the end f the month, thinking of getting it for PS3. Are the framerate problems that bad to make it not worth a purchase? Only played ZOE1 but never played the 2nd runner which sounds amazing. Mostly want to get the collection to play ZOE2 which will tide me over until I get a couple of games at Christmas

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By fattony12000

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.