Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ZX Spectrum

Platform »

The ZX Spectrum is one of the most popular European computers of all time. Its software library is enormous and its fame in Europe rivals the Commodore 64 in the US.

So turns out Adidas made ZX Spectrum-inspired kicks (!)

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By pickassoreborn

It's true. Look!

ZX500 kicks!
     ZX500 kicks!
    You can also check out this link which reveals some more details and views of these ultra-crazy things. The best feature of the shoe in my opinion? The back of the shoe features the ZX Spectrum "R" key - which is a shortcut key for "RUN" in BASIC. Very, very clever stuff. Also they come with a USB stick featuring an "old skool videogame" to play. Sadly it isn't crafted via Z80 processor and there's no signs of attribute clash, but here's a teaser of the game in action called "ZX Runner".

I think I really want these. I *think* they came out last year, though I've only found out about them now. Crazy.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @pickassoreborn: Aren't they a little LTTP?  The retrogaming revival was last decade.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ProfessorEss

Thems is sexy.

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By pickassoreborn
    @SeriouslyNow:  Retro gaming always seems to come in waves, there will be another one around shortly.
    slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By slowbird

I would love to find a pair of these, but they seem to be rare. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.