Should Giant Bomb offer a members-only Discord to Premium members?

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

Poll Should Giant Bomb offer a members-only Discord to Premium members? (97 votes)

Yes 33%
No 67%

With the rise of Patreon supported creators, many of them offer a members only discord as a benefit. Obviously Giant Bomb already has forums, but not an official discord channel (or similar). As a premium member, would that be something of interest to you? Non premium members would that entice you to join? Perhaps only if the crew were active in some capacity on it? What are your thoughts?

• 
Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There's already an official Discord channel. It was in the newsletter.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Humanity

@jesus_phish: it would be good if that newsletter made its way somewhere onto the site.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pezen

With the unofficial discord turning official, not really sure what a premium-only discord/room/whatever would really add other than potentially splitting part of the userbase into smaller fragments. Also, my resons for buying premium is for shows and lack of ads on the site and general sense of wanting to pay for things I consume and enjoy (mine has lapsed now due to CC change and some personal finances, I aim to get it as soon as I can again), not some grab at wanting their attention in some chat they have to spend time on to please a paying crowd. I feel like their time would be better spent on actual content.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't use it, i'm not really sure what people use discords for, i'd rather everyone used the forum than having people splinter off.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forums have a longer shelf life. Great for discussions that fit nicely into a topic, and for a conversation that can be picked up months or years later.

They're not great for quick communication, which is where a more chat-centric service helps.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'd be for it. Not a fan of the people currently running the discord.