Project Wingman - Anyone playing this?

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

Project Wingman popped up on Xbox and PC Game Pass a few days ago. I remember when the game was announced and kind of forgot about it since then. Apparently the game is still somewhat under development.

I tried the first campaign level and was immediately drawn in. The game seems to be a pretty well executed copy of Ace Combat. As much as I'm interested in continuing to play this, I don't think I have the time to start a new game just now.

Does anyone know how complete the game is at this point? Would it be a good time to jump in now, or would it make sense to wait for a bit more content?

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cikame

I don't know what the state of it is on console but i was a backer and played it when the game hit 1.0 last December.
The easiest way i can sum it up is that it's a great Ace Combat game made by a small team, don't expect the high level of polish and cutscenes from its AAA father but it's surprising how close they got, they absolutely delivered on it to the point where the AC community embrace it as one of their own, it's a great game.

I didn't encounter any issues with it a year ago, took 12 hours to beat, i was very satisfied.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@cikame: OK, good to hear. It doesn't look like the current Xbox version is enhanced for current-gen consoles, so I might wait a couple of months and see if such an update shows up. Very excited for this though.

Blastr85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@isomeri: I played it on the Series X when it hit GamePass. Like @cikame described it, it's like a low budget Ace Combat game. I didn't return to it after beating the first two levels.