Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Very sad news. The fact he was battling cancer during most of his career is a testament to his great character as a person. May he rest in heaven.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It’s very shocking - to be able to play such a physically demanding role through it all is astounding. Tragic news indeed.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very unexpected, I hope his family are together and had time with him in the end. Cancer is just the worst.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

I remember seeing a recent photo of him a couple months ago and he was very skinny. Assumed it was for a role. I think this (and obviously covid) explains the delays in marvel projects for Disney+ and theaters. I feel like they were aware of his diagnosis and put the brakes on everything. He was such a integral part of those films it is clearly going to be difficult to find out how to move forward. I’m kind of hoping they keep things in hiatus for a while. I think most importantly his family, friends, and finally fans will need time to cope with his loss. Marvel will eventually have to address this, but far into the future. This was such a unexpected and massive loss for the entertainment industry. RIP.

RobertForster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is a shame. Black Panther was the only truly meaningful super hero in the entire Marvel universe. Working like he did during his battle with cancer took a lot of courage.

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I read an article earlier today that increasingly, under 50 year old people are getting colon cancer.

Even so, you just don't think about those things when you're 40, and most doctors won't order one at that age unless you have a family history.

grantimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's truly a shame. I remember the internet speculating he was on drugs because of recent photos of him and I think that's just despicable.

If there's really a subsection of Marvel fanboy neckbeards who were so mad about Black Panther's success, then I say fuck it and give the role to Danai Gurira going forward, let them stew in their hate of both black people and women.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't say I was shocked given his photos this summer, it looked like something serious was going on. He was brave and strong to fight it for years. I'm sad he's gone, but I'm glad he's not in pain anymore. He seemed like a great guy and he went on a crazy run of good movies/roles. As black guy myself it was nice to see he succeeded so greatly without playing a thug or something else negatively stereotypical.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Everything I've ever heard about the guy was positive and uplifting, at every interview and event. Such a shame.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devastating loss. I hadn't even heard about the weight loss stuff and was shocked to hear the news the other day. I don't think some people realize how much of an icon he became in the black community. James Brown, Jackie Robinson, Thurgood Marshall, and of course, Black panther. He had so many important roles in his short career, and he WAS black panther to many kids. I can just imagine how they feel right now, especially with everything else going on.

I still need to see 42 and Marshall and the movie that just came out on netflix not to long ago.

I went back and looked at all his marvel press tour interviews and you can see how small he got between films, we now know he was getting treatments in between films. Crazy that nobody even noticed, he also always took time out to see kids with cancer as well. I think I read he did about 8 major films while sick.

R.I.P

Ulfhedinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got familiar with him after Black Panther and decided to check some of his other work.

Immensely talented and he will be missed.