Do you like having a combo of PC and consoles per generation?

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Do you like having a combo of PC and consoles per generation? (122 votes)

Yes, I'm happy with it 80%
No, I prefer to have only one platform per generation 18%

Hello

For myself, I love having a combo of PC and home consoles because I like to respect gaming platforms in general.

• 
Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I enjoy having a PC as my main platform and then whatever console(s) which have more exclusives that aren't appearing on PC. This generation, it was PC, PS4, and Switch.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GTxForza

@lapsariangiraff said:

I enjoy having a PC as my main platform and then whatever console(s) which have more exclusives that aren't appearing on PC. This generation, it was PC, PS4, and Switch.

My guess for most of future PS5's 1st parties, they may get prioritise to be released on PS5 first before porting to PC, just like Rockstar Games (3rd party company) prioritise to release GTA 5 on PS3/360 before PC.

I'm neutral between PC and home consoles but definitely, I prefer them both over handheld consoles and mobile gaming.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I really used to enjoy having the whole combo (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, PC), but times change. I think during this current generation, I'm going to stay with the Switch and just upgrade my PC. I really tend to spend the most time with my PC and it just doesn't make sense for me to get another console besides Nintendo's. They're the company that I care about the most and I just can't get enough of a good Mario or Zelda game.

I am also a fan of Sony, but I'm just not really feeling any inclination to upgrade to a PS5. I'd rather just stay gaming on PC and spend my money upgrading that instead. I've come to the realization that I can honestly live without their first party line up.

Microsoft is a non-choice since their stuff is an easy get with Game Pass which I subscribe to.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GTxForza

@myke_tuna: All good, I do understand that people would prefer either the PC or console as their platform of choice.

Edit: I've also heard a lot of PC, PlayStation and Xbox owners prefer to play 3rd party multiplats.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Nope, 95% of my gaming is on consoles. PC is only really used for stuff like Starcraft. I just can't bring myself to use a computer for anything after I work on a computer all day.

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always had all the platforms, but this generation I'm skipping XBox since their stuff comes out on PC. I really don't want to buy a PS5, but they always have really good exclusives. I'll wait for the Pro version. This past generation a few PS4 exclusives came to PC (Death Stranding, Horizon); I want that to be more common so I can just stick with my PC. The Switch is its own thing, there are times that I have to work weird night hours so it's a godsend then.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I like that I'm able to cover a lot of ground with a high-end desktop along with a PS3, PS4, Switch, DS, 3DS, PSP, PSV, Samsung A71, and eventually a PS2 again since my OG model can't read discs anymore, and one generation of Xbox of another (most likely a 360 again) for Fable II.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that I'm able to cover a lot of ground with a high-end desktop along with a PS3, PS4, Switch, DS, 3DS, PSP, PSV, Samsung A71, and eventually a PS2 again since my OG model can't read discs anymore, and one generation of Xbox of another (most likely a 360 again) for Fable II.

Good choices and it's sad to hear that your original PS2 model couldn't read discs anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-606548892b4d4
deactivated-606548892b4d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm waiting to finish my pc upgrade and then I'll dump my consoles into shadow realm that is my closet. Seeing how Sony and Microsoft are releasing exclusives to Pc, I see no point in owning a console. I've only had a gameboy to play pokemon and Nintendo as whole is so scummy and mercenary when it comes to their products I just don't care for them. Would have been cool if something like Stadia was a viable option, but google gonna google.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grizdotcom: I hope your PC upgrade will be awesome.

I can tell why Sony and Microsoft wanted to bring their 1st parties to PC in this generation? because not every PC gamers like console gaming plus everyone has choice to play whatever they want.

Even most PlayStation and Xbox console owners play a lot of 3rd party multiplats that are also available on PC.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

When I move to Japan, I'm taking my Switch/PS4 Pro and modded SNES Classic, and if a good game ever comes out for the PS5, I'd be tempted

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GTxForza

@jagerxbomb said:

I've always had all the platforms, but this generation I'm skipping XBox since their stuff comes out on PC. I really don't want to buy a PS5, but they always have really good exclusives. I'll wait for the Pro version. This past generation a few PS4 exclusives came to PC (Death Stranding, Horizon); I want that to be more common so I can just stick with my PC. The Switch is its own thing, there are times that I have to work weird night hours so it's a godsend then.

Not to mention that back in May 2013, when Xbox One was revealed and I've heard it got a mixed reception for having a silly name, the housing doesn't look as futuristic as Xbox 360, and saying it won't function without Kinect and internet which causes quite a lot of gamers not having interest with this console but yet, a lot of them are interested with Minecraft and Forza Horizon 3 & 4 so they ended up buying them on PC digitally.

For Xbox Series X, prior to it's reveal in December 2020, I was expecting the console's housing to look curvy and futuristic but it turns out to be solid and the name wise: "Series X" doesn't seem to make any sense.

Which causes gamers to choose either to have a gaming PC, PlayStation 5 or Nintendo Switch instead.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre said:

When I move to Japan, I'm taking my Switch/PS4 Pro and modded SNES Classic, and if a good game ever comes out for the PS5, I'd be tempted

Ok, good luck!

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jagerxbomb

@gtxforza: oh man, i'm not shitting on consoles, I just want everything to be on PC for me because I'm selfish. Please don't take that as me being a PC fuck boy

In a perfect world everything will be on everything. if titanfall 2 had crossplay we could still be playing it

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GTxForza

@jagerxbomb: Yeah, I was just giving details on how the Xbox console's image went less popular, similar to how the PS Vita is much less popular than the PSP.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got a great new PC and I'd prefer to play on that when possible but I've got no problems with getting a console for the exclusives. If/when an exclusive I want comes out on Series X/PS5 I may get one but for now I'm good with what I got (PC, PS4, Switch)

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got a great new PC and I'd prefer to play on that when possible but I've got no problems with getting a console for the exclusives. If/when an exclusive I want comes out on Series X/PS5 I may get one but for now I'm good with what I got (PC, PS4, Switch)

Good choice for next-gen gaming.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I am in the minority.

I stopped PC gaming almost a decade ago and mainly game on console(s).

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I eventually own everything but PC gaming has and always will be a luxery for me. I cannot afford proper PC gaming. A mid tier PC gaming rig is what i owned last gen i could barely run Nioh at 1080 60FPS with a GTX 970.

PS consoles I own mostly for exclusives same with Nintendo. I play most multiplats on XBox. And with Gamepass...well I'll be gaming on Xbox Series X the most this gen.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haz_kaj said:

I eventually own everything but PC gaming has and always will be a luxery for me. I cannot afford proper PC gaming. A mid tier PC gaming rig is what i owned last gen i could barely run Nioh at 1080 60FPS with a GTX 970.

PS consoles I own mostly for exclusives same with Nintendo. I play most multiplats on XBox. And with Gamepass...well I'll be gaming on Xbox Series X the most this gen.

I understand why some gamers give up or choose not to play on PC personally because it can be expensive, a lot of configuration requirements and several other reasons.

yourbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love PC and one console per generation gaming. Though I flip what a lot PC peeps do - I have a low mid-tier (at best) gaming PC that I use to catch up on old (2-3+ years old) games cheap on Steam/Epic sales. And I pick a console for exclusives (or timed exclusives) that I want to play within 12 months of release. Last time it was PS4 for things like (then exclusive) Yakuza games, FFXV, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc. I only get through a few new games a year, so this saves me $$ in the long run. And I get to have a guilt-inducing-though-not-wallet-crushing backlog of still excellent games that run fine on a middling PC.

deathfromace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This might be one of the generations I buy every console. I want a PS5 eventually but currently nothing is pulling me.

Xbox Game Pass is actually really making my want an Xbox first this time and I never thought that would happen. Being able to play the games I want on my PC is fantastic and having the ability to sit on the couch and play or play coop with my girlfriend or even if she want to play anything it is almost all good. I now see why a person would get an xbox even if they have a PC and it's all looking good.

MisterSims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A plus about gaming on PC is, you can use any controller you want. I use the Dualsense as my gamepad of choice but I can use the Elite as well. That's versatility! My main issue with this generation is, there seems to be a lot of similarity between the two 4k consoles and PC, almost to the point of redundancy, especially if you already have a strong PC. They also need a better memory storage solution. Ain't no space on them damn things.

I will say there is a learning curve with getting things running on PC properly, and each game store (steam,epic,gog) has their own respective looks and feels that take getting used to. However, if you are good with PCs, and can afford to own or upgrade to a powerful one, I would agree with @someoneproud and maybe ONLY get a console for an exclusive you really want. Shidd.... Add Steam Sales, free Epic Game Store games, and a GamePass sub to the equation, and I won't need a new console until maybe God of War 5. Even then, I'll wait for the PS5 Pro.

Cuz this one just looks so dumb

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I am in the minority.

I stopped PC gaming almost a decade ago and mainly game on console(s).

Because is it too expensive and stressful for you? I'm also aware some games on PC may have bad optimizations or something.

One of the worst examples is Ubisoft's crappy DRM (Uplay/Ubisoft Connect) which resulted in game launch problems, unstable servers, etc.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might be one of the generations I buy every console. I want a PS5 eventually but currently nothing is pulling me.

Xbox Game Pass is actually really making my want an Xbox first this time and I never thought that would happen. Being able to play the games I want on my PC is fantastic and having the ability to sit on the couch and play or play coop with my girlfriend or even if she want to play anything it is almost all good. I now see why a person would get an xbox even if they have a PC and it's all looking good.

To me, gamers owning a gaming PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S and Nintendo Switch together is a great idea for those who love to collect gaming products in general.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I end up owning everything. Rarely a gaming PC though.

Right now it's switch series x and ps4 pro.

swthompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point I really only use a console for 4K blurays. I guess I get more Xbox Game Pass games on my One X.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If I have the money to do both I would but this far I'm only playing older games with my 1650 Super. Don't know if I'm gonna be able to afford both to play the latest games.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haz_kaj said:

I end up owning everything. Rarely a gaming PC though.

Right now it's switch series x and ps4 pro.

It's good to hear that you like to collect gaming platforms.

hassan918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, why not.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, why not.

It's good for video game collectors to own them!