Megan Fox's Nitara VO is pretttttyyy prettty bad

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Sounds like they did it over the phone or something. Its a real sore thumb in any single player scene

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 cikame  Online

I sincerely hope they didn't hire her as some form of star power.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame: They did it to get attention on the game, and it worked! You can say it's not positive attention but in a series as cheesy as Mortal Kombat it's not like it's going to turn a lot of buyers off. I wouldn't be surprised if they are relatively happy in how it all worked out. A bunch of people talking online about the new Mortal Kombat and being like "the game is good but there's one bad voice performance and it's kind of hilarious!"

I feel a little bad for Megan Fox. I've seen clips of the performance and...it's terrible, but she's gotten a lot of misogynistic attacks in the past and it's a much bigger deal because of her notoriety. If it was just some random voice actress who gave a terrible performance it wouldn't be talked about even 5% as much.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Megan Fox is proof that you should hire a VO based on their ability in the studio, not because they have a name. I'm no fan of Megan Fox, but I don't have anything personal against her either. In fact, I have more dislike for Machine Gun Kelly than her. Had she pulled this off, I wouldn't care. And I believe many other people would've felt the same. But she didn't and such is the backlash.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shindig  Online

Netherrealm's got a history for this, right? Ronda Rousey in MK10, at least.

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Was Ronda in MK10? totally spaced on that, - I was thinking of doing a 9-11 story mode marathon anyway

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#8 marino  Staff

It's not good, but it's definitely not Rousey bad.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marino: Look who's trying to get quoted on the back of the box for the inevitable GOTY edition.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@marino: if Rousey beats Fox, it’s only because her role is much more prominent. Fox isn’t just flat, she sounds like an American overdub of a Chinese action movie. Except she’s in an American action movie.

Like others have said, I don’t feel that she’s primarily let only solely to blame for her performance. The whole of it hangs her out to dry, almost like NRS was attempting to allude to said bad dubs of foreign action films but assigned it to a character with very little to do in the story and almost no connection to the fan base.