Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MAG

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

MAG, a.k.a "Massive Action Game" was a PS3 exclusive, online-only FPS game developed by SOCOM creators Zipper Interactive. The game's most notable feature was its 256-player Domination mode.

Patch 1.03 Venerans thoughts?

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Jackel2072

I will be getting this game tomorrow. I've noticed that there is a new patch coming vary soon. it looks like it makes some pretty dramatic changes. I just wanted to see what the  veterans think about this patch? Are you excited for it or are dreading it? 

http://blog.mag.com/blog/2010/02/patch-alert-mag-v1-03/

Avatar image for altf4_for_colors
    ALTF4_FOR_COLORS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ALTF4_FOR_COLORS
    @Jackel2072: 

• Added a “solid tone” sound effect near the end of a charge’s beeping detonation timer so that players know when the charge can no longer be defused and that they should vacate the area.
  • Changed resuscitated player’s camera orientation to match the last camera direction used while incapacitated instead of the pre-harm camera.
  • Players no longer lose XP if a teammate is killed by an objective explosion caused by a charge they planted.
  • Respec Point requirements in Barracks have been changed from 3K, 5K, 10K, 17K, 26K, and 26K-Repeat to 1K, 2K, 3K, and 3K-Repeat.
  • Lowered the amount of damage necessary to kill an incapacitated enemy     
  • Made Battle Rifles more effective.    
  •  
    These made me very happy. Especially the third point.

SlapChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SlapChop

They are pretty great changes. The L/MMG changes while hip firing are great. The shotty spread is great. Not being able to basically snipe with iron sight and red dot sights. 

But the biggest fix IMO is SVER not being able to remove charges through the doors. That stuff way really annoying. 

All the patch notes for those who care: 

Gameplay

• Overhauled tuning of multiple weapons of all types (see “Weapon” section below)
    • Improved speed of weapon and gear swapping by approximately 500 milliseconds.
    • Fixed bug in SVER’s Aralkum Mechanical Acquisition map and Absheron Refinery Domination map that allowed players to defuse a charge planted on a repaired gate or door.
    • Added a “solid tone” sound effect near the end of a charge’s beeping detonation timer so that players know when the charge can no longer be defused and that they should vacate the area.
    • “Medium Improved” Armor now works as intended with the speed properties of Medium Armor and a defensive value greater than Medium, but less than Heavy Armor.
    • Changed resuscitated player’s camera orientation to match the last camera direction used while incapacitated instead of the pre-harm camera.
    • Players no longer lose XP if a teammate is killed by an objective explosion caused by a charge they planted.
    • Respec Point requirements in Barracks have been changed from 3K, 5K, 10K, 17K, 26K, and 26K-Repeat to 1K, 2K, 3K, and 3K-Repeat.
    • Lowered the amount of damage necessary to kill an incapacitated enemy
    • All fired projectiles (RPGs, Turret Rockets) have been given a steadier aim.
    • Mines that haven’t been triggered are no longer removed from the map when the dead player that deploys them respawns unless that player changes their Loadout (note: The maximum number of mines you can plant cannot exceed the number you initially spawn with).
    • Fixed bug that prevented “fully-resuscitated” players with more than 100 health points from receiving their full HP.
    • Fixed bug that caused players to take unnecessary damage from both friendly and enemy vehicles when touching them.
    • Players no longer lose leadership points after entering “Veteran Mode.”

Weapons

• “From the hip” firing for Light and Medium machine guns have stronger recoil and are less accurate when moving.
    • Tuned weapon damage for all three factions.
    • Modified all short-ranged weapons (pistols, PDWs, shotguns, SMGs) so that they’re less effective at long distances.
    • Made Battle Rifles more effective.
    • Reduced accuracy bonus for using iron sights and reflex sights so that players can no longer snipe with weapons that aren’t intended to do so.
    • Increased damage values for all rockets to make them more effective (ex: three rockets can now destroy a DE turret).
    • Shooting through thin materials (fences, tents, etc.) will be more consistent.
    • Increased spread on shotguns.
    • Improved animations for rocket launchers.

Graphics

• Fixed bug that caused the recoil animation to end early or stop animating if a player was firing their weapon for a long period of time.
    • Changed detonation time on smoke and poison gas grenades to prevent them from exploding in mid-air to eliminate unintended FX issues.
    • Added realistic fogging effects to sky-domes.

Technical

• Fixed most conditions that caused players to be caught in a “respawn loop” which kept restarting the respawn queue when the countdown clock reached 0.
    • Changed in-game conditions to make it less likely to experience in-game freezes.
    • Improved client-side stability.    
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Ineedaname

That XP loss and the battle rifle one is much welcomed.

The rifles were always under powered.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Red12b
    @Jackel2072:
    @SlapChop:

Wow, drastic changes, I am pleased, I will PM Baker to see if he is happy with this, Cheers Duder, 
    intarcouch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By intarcouch

THIS IS AWESOME

intarcouch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By intarcouch

Also, more people with the battle rifles (which takes quite a sum of points to get) and less people with the cheap-ass lmg killing me is gonna make my day. I won't feel as raged anymore, especially when they shoot me from a long ways away. Thank you zipper! You make me want to play the game more than I already do!

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

good to hear them working on it, But since I sold the game I won't see that come to fruition and when its a confrimed thing sver stops winning 90% of matches cause of the update then Good.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " good to hear them working on it, But since I sold the game I won't see that come to fruition and when its a confrimed thing sver stops winning 90% of matches cause of the update then Good. "
    SVER does not win 90% of the time. Out of the matches ive played they win about the same as everyone else. They might have that one map. But other wise they fail when I have fought them. 
    Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Cazamalos
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " good to hear them working on it, But since I sold the game I won't see that come to fruition and when its a confrimed thing sver stops winning 90% of matches cause of the update then Good. "
    SVER does not win 90% of the time. Out of the matches ive played they win about the same as everyone else. They might have that one map. But other wise they fail when I have fought them.  "
    yeah, the scores in domination for the contracts always end very close between raven and sver (sver always take the first place lol)  but there's no 90% winning rate in sver

to the OP yes, every update they make is always making the game better and more enjoyable
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @cazamalos said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker said:
    SVER does not win 90% of the time. Out of the matches ive played they win about the same as everyone else. They might have that one map. But other wise they fail when I have fought them.  "
    yeah, the scores in domination for the contracts always end very close between raven and sver (sver always take the first place lol)  but there's no 90% winning rate in sver  to the OP yes, every update they make is always making the game better and more enjoyable "
    Ive won the last 5  dominations vs Sver. The only ones who beat us are Valor. 
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

I am very glad to see a developer that listens so closely to the community.  More importantly one that will actually do something about it then!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.