The sequel to Spelunky.

New Gameplay!

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

They just put out a new trailer for Spelunky 2.

Thoughts? What caught my eye was the lava and water responding to physics now. New items look fun as well.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Really digging the track that was played through the trailer. Pretty cute of Derek Yu to disclose the release time like that.

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like more Spelunky, which I am totally on board for. Also love the nod to Super Mario World.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

GIVE IT ME, NOW, WANT

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're doing a sequel and not including a Scoops character to play?

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

YOOOO! Roffy D. Sloth on the mother effin moon!

The liquid physics is such an obvious upgrade I didn't know I needed. There's something about the art style that's a lot more bright, colorful and simple(?). There seems to be less focus on lighting and shadows in a way that doesn't totally speak to me. Either way looks like more/expanded Spelunky and I am all the way here for it. Let's hope it's early 2019.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I look forward to never coming close to beating this. (absolutely no sarcasm intended, this is looking great)

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#8 fisk0  Moderator

I'm not quite sure what I want out of a new Spelunky, but this seems to hit most of the notes I'd think should be there. Just hope he hasn't turned the different characters into "classes" rather than just a cosmetic choice, parts of the trailer kinda seemed to hint at that, but it was a bit hard to judge.

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if I love the art style, but I'm sure once I play for it for a few hours I'll get used to it. But all the gameplay is looking super great to me. Also online co op is going to be so great, as the local co op was even more challenging than playing by yourself due to other players having to stay on screen. The only bad thing about this is that it reminds me I still need to go back and get the achievement for beating Olmec without collecting any gold. It's so much harder than beating Hell or beating Olmec in under eight minutes but I really want to do it for some reason.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.