Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valve Corporation

Company »

The developer of many acclaimed game franchises such as Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Portal, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress, Left 4 Dead, and Dota. They are also responsible for the massively successful PC digital distribution service Steam.

Valve cooking up something educational?

Avatar image for deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc
    deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I often hang around this image board about FPS and TPS for stuffs and discussions

one day someone forwarded this pic from 9gag.com

then someone else decided to forward this to Valve, and surprisingly they replied

Hello, and thanks for expressing your interest in using games as learning tools. We’ll be the first to admit we’re pretty new to the whole education thing at Valve. Together, between your classroom experience and our gaming platform, we look forward to developing cool new tools that'll make learning even more fun.

To that end, we’re currently building a secure site where we can brainstorm together. We’re just getting started, so please be patient – and don't lose that list of ideas. We’ll be in touch soon.

We’re also busy building a closed ecosystem for you and your teachers on Steam, our games distribution platform. Soon you will be able to utilize an academic version of Steam, with a focus on learning, building, and exploring ideas together. We can’t wait to see what happens.
    Always learning,

Valve

hope they're not joking, using games like portal to teach science sounds fun :D

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dany

I think he's talking about a HUB for educational games

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By coakroach

That could be awesome

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By inkerman

If I ran a school I would mass buy Portal (or a derivative of it) for year 7-10 problem solving lessons.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

Those motherfuckers at Valve are always up to something interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.