Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

GameCube Controller wii u question.

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bcooper21

Im wondering will the Nintendo GameCube Controller for wii u work with anything besides just smash? Im thinking of getting it but am i better off getting the pro controller?

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mwng

Not at the moment, no. Assuming you're using the official Nintendo adapter.

Pro controller is pretty good.

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mwng said:

Thanks i think ill get the pro controller then. It will work with bayonetta 2 and wind waker correct?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Corevi
    @bcooper21 said:
    @mwng said:

Thanks i think ill get the pro controller then. It will work with bayonetta 2 and wind waker correct?

Yes, pretty much every game that doesn't absolutely require the tablet works with the pro controller.

If you have a Wii Classic Controller lying around you could also use that though the list of games that work with that is significantly shorter and Wind Waker isn't on it.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bcooper21 said:

@mwng said:

Yup, that's how I played both. It's far more comfortable than the gamepad, plus the battery lasts for ages.

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:
    @bcooper21 said:
    @mwng said:

Yes, pretty much every game that doesn't absolutely require the tablet works with the pro controller.

If you have a Wii Classic Controller lying around you could also use that though the list of games that work with that is significantly shorter and Wind Waker isn't on it.

Why is hyrule warriors not supported? I was thinking of picking that game up what does wii u pad use that you need it?

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nvm it supports it sweet.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is hyrule warriors not supported? I was thinking of picking that game up what does wii u pad use that you need it?

It is supported.

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bcooper21

Thanks ill get it seems to be supported for every wii u game i own or want besides zombiu.

Alot better than on wii where classic controller did not work on alot of games like skyward sword.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alot better than on wii where classic controller did not work on alot of games like skyward sword.

Skyward Sword is a really bad example there since it's the only actual game on the system that justifies having motion controls.

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bcooper21

@corevi said:
    @bcooper21 said:

Skyward Sword is a really bad example there since it's the only actual game on the system that justifies having motion controls.

Not really a fan my least fav 3d zelda so far. Hoping its remade on wii u in 1080p honestly just so i can play with a controller and not motion controls which i cant stand.

I should be good for now. I order Wii U GamePad High Capacity Battery which is a good improvement over one with normal wii u gamepad battery life, wii u pro controller and recharable wii battery pack wit all from Nintendo store.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Corevi
    @bcooper21 said:

@corevi said:
    @bcooper21 said:

Not really a fan my least fav 3d zelda so far. Hoping its remade on wii u in 1080p honestly just so i can play with a controller and not motion controls which i cant stand.

The sword fighting, which is by far the coolest part of the game, simply would not work without motion controls.

Skyward Sword is my 2nd favourite 3D Zelda right behind Wind Waker. The aforementioned sword fighting, an increased focus on story, the fantastic dungeons, less puzzley bosses and the two best characters in the entire series: Groose and Ghirahim make it a fantastic game.

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bcooper21

@corevi said:
    @bcooper21 said:

@corevi said:
    @bcooper21 said:

The sword fighting, which is by far the coolest part of the game, simply would not work without motion controls.

Skyward Sword is my 2nd favourite 3D Zelda right behind Wind Waker. The aforementioned sword fighting, an increased focus on story, the fantastic dungeons, less puzzley bosses and the two best characters in the entire series: Groose and Ghirahim make it a fantastic game.

It could work just needs to be reworked the combat that is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.