All videos on site just don't work anymore (Chrome, Firefox and Edge

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Apologies if this is well-trod territory, but I can't seem to to get anything other the active live streams to play on the site. All achieve, as recent as this week and as old as quicklooks form 2010, either give a black screen with a play button that doesn't work, or on chrome and edge, the play button will make the screen go black, and then do nothing. I've tried these with ad blocks on and off, multiple browsers and a wide dataset for testing, they just all broke. Is this happening across the board to everyone? Are these archives just gone at this point except through manual download per video?

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By AV_Gamer

Yeah, the video playback thing is still an issue. I started watching some of the videos on the YouTube Giantbomb channel, like the Superman 64 Blight Club with Dan. But the problem with that, is they don't upload a lot of stuff on their YouTube channel. I think it's been well accepted now that Fandom doesn't see this site as one of their priorities. I wish I could help. But outside of using the "Do Not Sell My Information" setting, which I'll assume you've already tried. I don't know what else can be done. Especially, when those bypasses reset after a couple of days, anyway.

dtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dtoast  Staff

I just met with the senior product manager and my manager about Giant Bomb's ongoing videos. They thought they had a lot of it fixed which I let them to some extent that was true both internally(their fixes) and externally(the community's workaround) but with the new cookie stuff it is coming back up. So he(the product manager)said that they could turn a switch(hopefully tomorrow but I'll follow up with him and know for certain then) that was causing a lot of load/playing issues that were caused because of the past and current issues(double unneeded authentication).

Regarding some of the more maintenance stuff download issues, a couple of episode issues, etc his team is opening their scope to cover that and get it on the pipeline. Some of them are quick fixes(episode issues) and some are more full feature requests like the timestamps.

alpha_bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey @dtoast , Did this end up going through for fixes? I still have no ability to view any type of video except for the download options. Both Chrome and Firefox ain't having it.

dtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dtoast  Staff

@alpha_bit: Fix hasn't gone live yet but it should shortly.