Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Little Kitty, Big City

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 09, 2024

An adventure game where you play as a cat lost in a city.

Little Kitty, Big City is the 11th game of UUGPGC year 3! Finish by June 3. Spoilers open!

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsocrates

Spoilers are now open

Welcome to the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club Year 3! Our 11th game of 2024 is Little Kitty, Big City. The target completion date is June 3, 2024.

We ask that until that date you use the forum software to mark any spoilers, either story based or mechanical, in the discussion below. Ideally the bulk of the discussion will occur after June 3, but if you want to comment before then you are welcome to so long as the spoilers are marked. We ask that if you leave a comment before that date you also come back to the thread after it to read other people’s comments and respond to them, though of course we cannot force you to do so.

All are welcome to participate regardless of whether you have stated a preference to or not and there is absolutely no commitment. You do not have to finish the game to participate but please let us know if you have not.

You are also free to come back any time after the completion date and share your thoughts! This club is meant to be open to all whenever you want to join in the fun!

You can find out more about the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club or suggest future games for it here.

What is Little Kitty, Big City?

An exploration game where you explore a city as a little kitty, making friends and wearing hats, as cats, famously both super friendly and beloved of being forced to wear clothes, are wont to do.

How long is Little Kitty, Big City?

How long to beat lists it as 2.5 hours long.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang, so much for the lulz.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chamurai: I'm sorry that you don't like DEMOCRACY.

I guess the outcome of the vote has you feeling blue(y).

At least we can rest assured that it was a totally fair and unbiased vote administered in an unimpeachable manner.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm only a short time into this game because I only play it in front of both of my kids, but we really like it. Most critically, our two cats are completely enthralled with it. My partner did finish it in a couple of nights and loved it, citing only the very short length as a negative.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I already played this last week. It's a cute little game with some fun dialogue, but not an overly memorable experience. In the "Cat Game" genre I definitely preferred the setting, tone, and overall vibe of Stray over this.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Played this and this definitely falls into the same category I put a lot of these indie exploration games that have physics and platforming together. If you just got at it on your own terms, you can have a good time. If you try to get everything, you're going to hate yourself and the game.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is kind of a bad video game.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it at all or that it doesn't have good aspects, but there's nothing exceptional about it and the controls are kind of wonky and annoying, as is the level design. Maybe bad is a little harsh, it's just thoroughly mediocre. Some of the writing is funny, the character designs are cute, there are some puzzles that rise to the level of "okay."

I guess my main issue with it is that just because a game is cozy doesn't mean it shouldn't have decent mechanics or things to do. This game has inconsistent controls (tripping humans is a huge pain, for example), annoying level navigation where if you fall off a building because you can't drop down off a wall if you're clung to it only slide down or jump off you might have to go through a bunch of stuff to get back, and nothing you do is all that fun.

This is what we replaced true 3D platformers with? Games where you sort of do some platforming but mostly run around doing kind of dumb errands?

I'm being too harsh on what is an alright game by a small team, but this year I'm just getting the general feel that a lot of games are doing nothing to advance the medium, and even if that's a lot to ask for an indie game it's not that much to ask for there to be polish and controls that feel good.

Also the water puddles are a massive PITA and you drop anything you're holding if you brush one.

The ducks were funny though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.