Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

007: Everything or Nothing

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 17, 2003

007: Everything or Nothing is a 3rd-person action game from Electronic Arts in the James Bond franchise. The game features Pierce Brosnan's likeness and voice as Bond, Willem Dafoe as the chief antagonist and other notable actors as new and recurring characters in an original movie-style adventure.

Playing all the video games - Part 000003: 007: EoN GBA

F1000003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

Edited By F1000003

I am continuing with the rather futile task of playing all the video games.

The PS2 version of the game still hasn't arrived - so I've had to pass the time with the Gameboy Advance version of 007: Everything or Nothing.

Game 000003: 007: Everything or Nothing (Gameboy Advance)

The portable version of the game was developed independently of the home console version by Griptonite Games. Whilst the PS2, Xbox and Gamecube versions of this game were generally well received, the GBA version obtained "mixed reviews". (Which I believe is a video game euphemism for "not very good")

I played this game in two sittings on the default difficulty setting and finished it in just over 2 hours. There's something quite fun about listening to familiar tunes down-sampled through tinny speakers, so the familiar Bond motif certainly put me in a good mood going in!

The game has eight missions, and the first one is over within a minute of starting the game. The game is an isometric shooter with a very generous auto-aim. The central mechanic of hiding behind objects and sneaking up on the AI to perform stealth kills works reasonably well - but the camera was slightly too zoomed in for my liking, meaning that it was difficult to plan an unseen path around some of the levels. The inclusion of a radar, showing you both the locations and the orientations of nearby enemies was a nice touch though. Visually the game looked a little bland with the same textures and objects used repeatedly throughout most levels.

Not so stealthy!
    Not so stealthy!

Each mission has a number of primary (compulsory) and secondary objectives. At the end of each level you are rewarded with 100 style points for each primary objective you complete, and 200 for each secondary objective. These points can be spent on stat-increases that take effect in all subsequent missions (including any that you choose to replay.) My approach was just to save up for the most expensive perk - slowly regenerating health, which I soon regretted as it turned a moderately challenging game with limited opportunities to pick up health packs, to an incredibly easy one. Consequently the second half of the game was much easier than the first half - and I doubt that this was the developer's intention.

The game had a small selection of gadgets and secondary weapons - almost all of which seemed less effective than using your guns, and required the select button to cycle through. I find myself wondering whether I might have made more use of that if I'd been playing on the original GBA rather than the GBA-SP, which has an awkwardly positioned select button.

Infiltrating a card game
    Infiltrating a card game

Although the majority of the levels provided nothing of particular interest, I feel like I should mention that I really enjoyed the games 3 boss fights. Each one required using objects found in the world in interesting ways, and provided a slight puzzle element to an otherwise mindless game. On the other hand, the unlockable Blackjack mini game rewarded for collecting 2500 style points was clearly coded by someone who'd never played the game before... Never heard of a 5-card trick?

It is worth briefly mentioning that the game has a multiplayer mode, which I didn't have the opportunity to check out, and also features support of Nintendo's GBA to GC adaptor in order to offer hints and statistics on the small screen to anybody playing Everything or Nothing on the big screen.

---

So another fairly inoffensive, yet bland game. More Bond next time...

F1000003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By F1000003

I am continuing with the rather futile task of playing all the video games.

The PS2 version of the game still hasn't arrived - so I've had to pass the time with the Gameboy Advance version of 007: Everything or Nothing.

Game 000003: 007: Everything or Nothing (Gameboy Advance)

The portable version of the game was developed independently of the home console version by Griptonite Games. Whilst the PS2, Xbox and Gamecube versions of this game were generally well received, the GBA version obtained "mixed reviews". (Which I believe is a video game euphemism for "not very good")

I played this game in two sittings on the default difficulty setting and finished it in just over 2 hours. There's something quite fun about listening to familiar tunes down-sampled through tinny speakers, so the familiar Bond motif certainly put me in a good mood going in!

The game has eight missions, and the first one is over within a minute of starting the game. The game is an isometric shooter with a very generous auto-aim. The central mechanic of hiding behind objects and sneaking up on the AI to perform stealth kills works reasonably well - but the camera was slightly too zoomed in for my liking, meaning that it was difficult to plan an unseen path around some of the levels. The inclusion of a radar, showing you both the locations and the orientations of nearby enemies was a nice touch though. Visually the game looked a little bland with the same textures and objects used repeatedly throughout most levels.

Not so stealthy!
    Not so stealthy!

Each mission has a number of primary (compulsory) and secondary objectives. At the end of each level you are rewarded with 100 style points for each primary objective you complete, and 200 for each secondary objective. These points can be spent on stat-increases that take effect in all subsequent missions (including any that you choose to replay.) My approach was just to save up for the most expensive perk - slowly regenerating health, which I soon regretted as it turned a moderately challenging game with limited opportunities to pick up health packs, to an incredibly easy one. Consequently the second half of the game was much easier than the first half - and I doubt that this was the developer's intention.

The game had a small selection of gadgets and secondary weapons - almost all of which seemed less effective than using your guns, and required the select button to cycle through. I find myself wondering whether I might have made more use of that if I'd been playing on the original GBA rather than the GBA-SP, which has an awkwardly positioned select button.

Infiltrating a card game
    Infiltrating a card game

Although the majority of the levels provided nothing of particular interest, I feel like I should mention that I really enjoyed the games 3 boss fights. Each one required using objects found in the world in interesting ways, and provided a slight puzzle element to an otherwise mindless game. On the other hand, the unlockable Blackjack mini game rewarded for collecting 2500 style points was clearly coded by someone who'd never played the game before... Never heard of a 5-card trick?

It is worth briefly mentioning that the game has a multiplayer mode, which I didn't have the opportunity to check out, and also features support of Nintendo's GBA to GC adaptor in order to offer hints and statistics on the small screen to anybody playing Everything or Nothing on the big screen.

---

So another fairly inoffensive, yet bland game. More Bond next time...

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By JJGIANT

Man. Not to bring everything crashing down but do you actually think you can keep doing this? Not trying to put you down, I really like the idea of this feature, but personally I'm very picky about the games I play. The idea of trying to play everything is novel but I would get burned out really quickly and the fun times would turn into a bit of a slog. Do you truly believe you can do this?

F1000003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By F1000003

@JJGIANT - there's a reason why I describe the task as futile! About 15 new games have been releases since I started this... I've played 2 games - so even if I were to carry on at the current rate forever, statistically speaking I'd never get past the 'C's... So unless I live to 300 AND people stop making games, then no - I do not truly believe I can do this. I'm having fun trying though!

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Quarters

Man, I foresee some dark times ahead of you. However, I find myself compelled to keep track...

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By mrbubbles

oh wow you mean literally EVERY game i thought you just meant bond games. good luck man, holy shit. i feel bad for you when you get to universal combat. that is my most hated game of all time because the controls are bad. i'd give it to you but i think i shot it a few times....or maybe i just lost it in my huge collection of games

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.