Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

1-2-Switch

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

A multiplayer game for Nintendo Switch that focuses on face-to-face interactions rather than watching the screen.

I don't know ... I like it

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Am I the only one? I know its kind of a "cash grab" or "playing to the lowest common denominator" ... but its fun! I'm 35 years old, have I crossed over into "old people games" already?

Avatar image for terminallychill
    terminallychill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hey man, more power to you. I can't afford to throw down on a switch yet so I haven't been able to try it, but the whole "audio games" idea seems neat to me. I'm guessing by the time I can get a switch it'll be cheaper and I'd definitely try it then.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it's pretty fantastic. Giant Bomb kind of prejudged the game as more gimmicky BS, and I don't think they gave it a fair shot. If you go in hoping to like it, it won't let you down.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I think it looks at the very least okay. The real problem is that it's 50 bucks.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rethla

@themanwithnoplan said:

I think it looks at the very least okay. The real problem is that it's 50 bucks.

Really? I thought this was boundled with the console. What a total ripoff

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ivdamke

I think most people see at as a fun little thing. The criticism comes from the pricing, the question of "will you want to play it more than 3 times?" and the "why is it not bundled in with the Switch?" question.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to play it, as it looks fun. However that price is WAY to steep for me. If it was 20-30 range USD I'd try to get it. I'll wait for a price drop, sale, or find it used.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hangup on the game not being a pack-in game is a little weird since they just add the price of the game to the console when you buy it. They're not actually giving you a free game.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

yeah this. It would be a lot better received if it was a pack-in, or even like 20-30 bucks

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By wchigo

I think it looks fine and actually kinda fun, but the price tag is definitely too steep. The other thing is that the games themselves don't seem like they have much longevity to them, unlike say Wii Sports, so without significant replay value (to me personally) it makes the $50 price tag even worse.

MaKiNbAcoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Even $40 with a Amazon Prime pre-order I think was a bit much to ask. $29.99 USD is the right price for this game.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hangup on the game not being a pack-in game is a little weird since they just add the price of the game to the console when you buy it. They're not actually giving you a free game.

Same way people misunderstand launch DLC, assuming it was something you would have gotten for free/part of the base game.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He likes it?

He likes it! Burn him! He's a witch!

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I would love to play 1,2 switch a few times. Goofy physical games can be pretty fun. Just not for the price they're asking for.

ThatMattZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's the type of game where you get out what you put into it.

My bro in law and I had some pretty intense matches in some of the mini game. We had a blast with the Sword Fight and Boxing game specifically. The HD rumble on the Balls in a box game and the Soda game is fantastic. There's a lot of really cool fun stuff in there, but you have to be willing to go for the ride. If you're in.. Its a blast. If not I can see how it would be a chore.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I certainly think the game's worth it in the right situation. I've always found that party games and minigame collections get shouted down largely by people like me, or the Giant Bomb staff. People who typically play alone or online. But if I had kids, or frequently found myself with people over, it would be different.

Gimmicky it may be, but sometimes thats what lies at the core of a good party game. And often its about who you play with more than what you play.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it's a bad game nor did I see people really shitting on it.

The game just has two major issues

• It's $50 which is a lot of money for something that would have thrived by being this console's Wii Sports and being a pack-in. $50 is stupid high price for this.
    • Replayability is on the low side. Any replay value you would get would be from introducing new people to the game especially during house parties.

I personally got the game just because I'm managing a hostel soon in S. America and think that the game would go over extremely well with guests.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

lol

It's cool to like this game duder! Don't let the echo chamber eat you alive.

Plus, this is absolutely one of those "who you play it with" games. Like drawful, etc, it might be played once with a crummy group, or every week with a group who get along with it good. Once it's played enough, the whole question of price goes out the window. That's the magic of replayability...

Hard to remember but you should come back to this topic in the coming months OP, let us know how it progresses.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After some more thought and time with the game, I stand by my decision to like it - even for $50. Yes, it has somewhat limited replay value. Yes, some of its games aren't very fun (though I truly enjoy the majority of them). And, yes, it should probably only cost $30-$40. However, when I got home from work yesterday my adult daughter asked to play the game again and this resulted in at least a half hour of almost non-stop laughs for my family and I. I'll likely never spend hours and hours playing this game, but the snippets of pure, unadulterated fun that I've already received from this game are invaluable. I'm definitely in a unique position as I have a mostly grown up family and a job that lets me take this game to work to play with my clients, but if you have a history of liking little party games I wholeheartedly recommend picking this up ... bonus at a discount!

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mars: I feel like most of the people who have played it have come out with really positive impressions. I think the complaints are not that the game (or games) are not good but that 1) It should have been a pack in with the Switch like Wii Sports was for the Wii and Nintendo Land was for the Wii U, and 2) That it should not cost $60 when sold on its own.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n00bs7ay3r: Nintendo Land was only a pack in if you paid the extra 50 for the premium edition and was sold at regular game price if you didn't get the premium edition. They did pretty much the same thing with the Switch only you have to make your own premium edition.

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: True. But that also should have been a pack in for all Wii U's for the same reason.

GiboAuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it, it succeeds at what it sets out to do.

I got it for 40, probably should have been a pack in I guess, but what are you going to do.

It's a perfectly fine launch game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.