Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

1C Company

Company »

1C Company is one of the largest Russian software developers / publishers.

The 1C Complete Pack and Me. 7.62 - High Calibre.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By AlexW00d

видеоигры

As some of you may have seen, the 1C complete pack is currently on offer on GamersGate for a whopping 70% off its usual price. Now that is a collection of 86 1C published games, for roughly 20p a piece. I thought this was a good deal, even if a lot of the games look awful; sometimes the more awful they are they better they are. Right? That is how it works, right?

Anyway, I decided I would play though them -- not necessarily to completion mind -- in alphabetical order and write my thoughts down, because it's the right thing to do. Now, the game.

7.62 - High Calibre

Bullet cursor in action
    Bullet cursor in action

Now, the first thing you are greeted with when you load the game, is a menu screen that was clearly meant for a 4:3 monitor, but to navigate that menu screen, your cursor is a motherfucking BULLET. How badass is that? A game named after a bullet, navigated with a bullet. Pure fucking genius Apeiron, pure fucking genius.

Name's Kurt, wassup
    Name's Kurt, wassup

Now it must be said, this game? Absolutely a Jagged Alliance clone. I've not played a whole lot of Jagged Alliance I will admit, but this game does feel very similar to what I have played. You control a mercenary, and I assume can recruit more, but I didn't get to that bit in my time with the game. You start out in a small former Spanish colony and are given a contract to route out and capture, or kill, a Russian mafia member, and you're left to your own ways to find him and get to him. You can go all guns blazing and just kill everything on your way to him, which is probably the super hard route, or you can go through the correct channels and try and get help from the locals and the government; which, in a very RPG-esque way leads you to other objectives to do as favours for the favours these objective givers provide for you.

Conversing
    Conversing

That's exactly the way I went, I hunted out some government type that would be able to get me to this Mafia guy, and he asked me find out more dudes to kill. So sure, let's go kill some dudes. I get to the location these dudes 'hang' and me being a noob, and this game having like no tutorial I cannot find the option to get the jump on these dudes. So I talk to them, and the options are stop talking, and initiate combat; so I initiate combat, and straight away one of these dudes pops me in my head, which blinds me, and causes me to be unable to do anything for roughly 3 seconds, and then the next guys shoots me, causing poor delay for me, and then the next guy, and this goes on until I die.

Weird-ass first person mode

This game is pretty good with it's auto-saves -- or so I thought -- and reloaded to the beginning of that fight. So I try again, first I am at the dude closest's head, see if I can pop him first -- headshots are instakill you see -- and just like in Jagged Alliance every action has a countdown and a cool-off, and it just so happens my action takes a bit longer than the enemy's for whatever reason, so just like before I get stuck in some dumb chain of death. So I reload again, and think, ok I will run away, using the game's sprint function, and see if I can hide behind a wall and try get the jump that way. So my character turns to run, but this somehow causes those enemies to disappear, but still be able to shoot me in to a scary painful bullet coma. And then I think, fuck this, I'll just reload to a prior save, but the game seems to only save when you enter and exit a battle, and last battle was some time prior and I didn't want to do everything again, so I gave up.

I may return to this game in the future, as I like really like the idea of it, but that's it for now, sorry 7.62 - High Calibre, but I have 85 other games calling my name, including your elder brother, that I will be playing after you, whoops.

The rest of the screens I took, just 'cause.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AlexW00d

видеоигры

As some of you may have seen, the 1C complete pack is currently on offer on GamersGate for a whopping 70% off its usual price. Now that is a collection of 86 1C published games, for roughly 20p a piece. I thought this was a good deal, even if a lot of the games look awful; sometimes the more awful they are they better they are. Right? That is how it works, right?

Anyway, I decided I would play though them -- not necessarily to completion mind -- in alphabetical order and write my thoughts down, because it's the right thing to do. Now, the game.

7.62 - High Calibre

Bullet cursor in action
    Bullet cursor in action

Now, the first thing you are greeted with when you load the game, is a menu screen that was clearly meant for a 4:3 monitor, but to navigate that menu screen, your cursor is a motherfucking BULLET. How badass is that? A game named after a bullet, navigated with a bullet. Pure fucking genius Apeiron, pure fucking genius.

Name's Kurt, wassup
    Name's Kurt, wassup

Now it must be said, this game? Absolutely a Jagged Alliance clone. I've not played a whole lot of Jagged Alliance I will admit, but this game does feel very similar to what I have played. You control a mercenary, and I assume can recruit more, but I didn't get to that bit in my time with the game. You start out in a small former Spanish colony and are given a contract to route out and capture, or kill, a Russian mafia member, and you're left to your own ways to find him and get to him. You can go all guns blazing and just kill everything on your way to him, which is probably the super hard route, or you can go through the correct channels and try and get help from the locals and the government; which, in a very RPG-esque way leads you to other objectives to do as favours for the favours these objective givers provide for you.

Conversing
    Conversing

That's exactly the way I went, I hunted out some government type that would be able to get me to this Mafia guy, and he asked me find out more dudes to kill. So sure, let's go kill some dudes. I get to the location these dudes 'hang' and me being a noob, and this game having like no tutorial I cannot find the option to get the jump on these dudes. So I talk to them, and the options are stop talking, and initiate combat; so I initiate combat, and straight away one of these dudes pops me in my head, which blinds me, and causes me to be unable to do anything for roughly 3 seconds, and then the next guys shoots me, causing poor delay for me, and then the next guy, and this goes on until I die.

This game is pretty good with it's auto-saves -- or so I thought -- and reloaded to the beginning of that fight. So I try again, first I am at the dude closest's head, see if I can pop him first -- headshots are instakill you see -- and just like in Jagged Alliance every action has a countdown and a cool-off, and it just so happens my action takes a bit longer than the enemy's for whatever reason, so just like before I get stuck in some dumb chain of death. So I reload again, and think, ok I will run away, using the game's sprint function, and see if I can hide behind a wall and try get the jump that way. So my character turns to run, but this somehow causes those enemies to disappear, but still be able to shoot me in to a scary painful bullet coma. And then I think, fuck this, I'll just reload to a prior save, but the game seems to only save when you enter and exit a battle, and last battle was some time prior and I didn't want to do everything again, so I gave up.

I may return to this game in the future, as I like really like the idea of it, but that's it for now, sorry 7.62 - High Calibre, but I have 85 other games calling my name, including your elder brother, that I will be playing after you, whoops.

The rest of the screens I took, just 'cause.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

That sure is a video game.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Akrid

I also partook in this amazing deal Alex. I will join you in your vision quest. There's no way in Hell I would play these games otherwise.

As far as this one goes, I'll give you the blow-by-blow:

• The installer played Windows 98 sounds when doing things.
    • There's 8 guys and gals you can choose to play as, each with their own stats.
    • You can put some skill points into categories like 'sniping' and 'doctor'.
    • I made a sniper-y British looking chap, Kurt.
    • I was subjected to a terrible pre-rendered cutscene setting up the story that I could not compel myself to sit through, despite my best efforts. Terrorists, I dunno.
    • I was thrown right into the game, in a town of some sort.
    • I attempted to shoot a nearby drug dealer with my pistol. Instead, I threw it at him and couldn't pick it back up.
    • After realizing that I had used my stamina up and that I'd have towalkaround this MASSIVE area, I left town.
    • I was immediately ambushed by bandits. Seeing as how the drug dealer was in possession of my only weapon, I endeavoured to punch them to death.
    • After two shots at point blank to the chest, and several more to his lifeless corpse, Kurt died an undignified death in the middle of the road.
    • I quit and uninstalled 7.62 - High Calibre.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AlexW00d

@Akrid: I seemed to have a slight easier time, as I managed to shoot all the dudes that ambushed me on the road in the head. I also accidentally found the tutorial; it's a separate executable you can access fromon the windows start menu and it plays some weird, what I assume to be, flash video of super compressed game footage with a weird sounding man talking about it.

Also, attempting to type on the main site from my phone is all too much effort, I really need to resubscribe.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Sin4profit

I hear there's a fan made patch and a mod for this game called the Blue Sun Mod that may be worth looking into if you get back into it. I havn't tried it myself.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Kurt's a man's man.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.