Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

1C Company

Company »

1C Company is one of the largest Russian software developers / publishers.

The 1C Complete Pack and Me. Cuban Missile Crisis.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By AlexW00d

Despite the name, the game is set post Cuban Missile Crisis, in a post nuclear world. I played through the tutorial, and the game is an RTS with a turn based map screen strategy part too, a bit like in Total War games, but the RTS bit is much more like a cross between Men of War and Company of Heroes.

Obyekt 279

You control your armies on the map screen, sending units to different sections to capture and to face off against enemy force. Then on the actual battlefield you control your individual armies in a similar way to most RTS, but with some Men of War esque functions; being able to control individual men in the units for example.

No Caption Provided

The game features four campaigns, USSR, the UK and US, France and Germany, and the PRC. I assume you face off against everyone else in these campaigns, but I am not sure, as I don’t have the time to play them all, unfortunately.

The tutorial leads you into battle in the North of Spain, as the USSR, southwest to Portugal, taking over land as you go. The first thing the game has you do is learn to blow things up with tanks, which is a pretty great intro if you ask me. The tanks controls mostly as you’d expect, you can set attack orders, and whether to attack on site when travelling etc, pretty basic RTS stuff.

No Caption Provided

Then you get some infantry, with which you use to take over a small village, although really, you use the tanks they give you part way through the tutorial. You can disband the units and control the units one by one, which is pretty cool.

This is probably the first game that seems like it’s worth playing through, but I don’t have time to play a seemingly huge RTS like this, not yet anyway. If I remember I shall come back to it later on.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By AlexW00d

Despite the name, the game is set post Cuban Missile Crisis, in a post nuclear world. I played through the tutorial, and the game is an RTS with a turn based map screen strategy part too, a bit like in Total War games, but the RTS bit is much more like a cross between Men of War and Company of Heroes.

Obyekt 279

You control your armies on the map screen, sending units to different sections to capture and to face off against enemy force. Then on the actual battlefield you control your individual armies in a similar way to most RTS, but with some Men of War esque functions; being able to control individual men in the units for example.

No Caption Provided

The game features four campaigns, USSR, the UK and US, France and Germany, and the PRC. I assume you face off against everyone else in these campaigns, but I am not sure, as I don’t have the time to play them all, unfortunately.

The tutorial leads you into battle in the North of Spain, as the USSR, southwest to Portugal, taking over land as you go. The first thing the game has you do is learn to blow things up with tanks, which is a pretty great intro if you ask me. The tanks controls mostly as you’d expect, you can set attack orders, and whether to attack on site when travelling etc, pretty basic RTS stuff.

No Caption Provided

Then you get some infantry, with which you use to take over a small village, although really, you use the tanks they give you part way through the tutorial. You can disband the units and control the units one by one, which is pretty cool.

This is probably the first game that seems like it’s worth playing through, but I don’t have time to play a seemingly huge RTS like this, not yet anyway. If I remember I shall come back to it later on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.