Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

1C Company

Company »

1C Company is one of the largest Russian software developers / publishers.

The 1C Complete Pack and Me. Pathologic.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By AlexW00d

Pathologic is a first person action/adventure game developed by Ice-Pick Lodge, the studio who developed last year’s Cargo! The Quest for Gravity.

Haruspex

This seems like a weird game; it was very well received in Russia for its atmosphere and style, and it seems a bit like Vampire: the Masquerade: Bloodlines with its world layout and art stylings. It also has similar graphical weirdness to Thief Deadly Shadows, so I am thinking it’s maybe the same engine.

Anyway this is a 7 year old first person game and the graphics have not aged well at all, so it made the game difficult to sit through, so I don’t have too many first hand details. I do know that the game is about a town, whose residents fall sick to a lethal ailment, and you play one of three characters - each with a respective point of view on the main plot - who tries to discover the source of this ailment. The game has main quests and side quests, and you gain money to get extra equipment, so in a sense the game is an RPG, as you most certainly play a role, but there is no levelling or anything.

The three characters you can pick from are named Bachelor, Haruspex, - both male - and Devotress - female - the latter of whom you need to finish the game as one of the former to unlock.

As I don't have content for this blog I will lay out my progress in the game in screenshot format.

The game opens with you in this hall, with those three characters talking about stuff, including bound hands.
    The game opens with you in this hall, with those three characters talking about stuff, including bound hands.
    Then you choose a character: stern man, stern man, hippy girl with bonk eye.
    I awake in a house, interact with a microscope, follow some stairs, and find a belly dancer with a questionable haircut. She tells me about a man called Simon who I must make contact with.
    I awake in a house, interact with a microscope, follow some stairs, and find a belly dancer with a questionable haircut. She tells me about a man called Simon who I must make contact with.
    No Caption Provided
    Then I get bored due to all these houses being locked, I figure out how to enter combat, and start a fight with Bam Margera; he promptly kicks my arse so I quit.
    The End.
    The last caption won't show so I had to enter it manually.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By AlexW00d

Pathologic is a first person action/adventure game developed by Ice-Pick Lodge, the studio who developed last year’s Cargo! The Quest for Gravity.

Haruspex

This seems like a weird game; it was very well received in Russia for its atmosphere and style, and it seems a bit like Vampire: the Masquerade: Bloodlines with its world layout and art stylings. It also has similar graphical weirdness to Thief Deadly Shadows, so I am thinking it’s maybe the same engine.

Anyway this is a 7 year old first person game and the graphics have not aged well at all, so it made the game difficult to sit through, so I don’t have too many first hand details. I do know that the game is about a town, whose residents fall sick to a lethal ailment, and you play one of three characters - each with a respective point of view on the main plot - who tries to discover the source of this ailment. The game has main quests and side quests, and you gain money to get extra equipment, so in a sense the game is an RPG, as you most certainly play a role, but there is no levelling or anything.

The three characters you can pick from are named Bachelor, Haruspex, - both male - and Devotress - female - the latter of whom you need to finish the game as one of the former to unlock.

As I don't have content for this blog I will lay out my progress in the game in screenshot format.

No Caption Provided
    Then I get bored due to all these houses being locked, I figure out how to enter combat, and start a fight with Bam Margera; he promptly kicks my arse so I quit.
    The End.
    The last caption won't show so I had to enter it manually.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Winternet

This is looking like where I played it to. Weird-ass game with a weird-ass intro.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.