Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

1C Company

Company »

1C Company is one of the largest Russian software developers / publishers.

The 1C Complete Pack and Me. Real Warfare 2: The Northern Crusade

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By AlexW00d

Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades is the sequel to Real Warfare 1242.

Savages

No Caption Provided

Real Warfare 2 is an RTS with Total War like battles, but a Mount and Blade style map screen. You play as a knight of the Teutonic Order, who was exiled from the holy lands for sinning; you have been seen to North Eastern Europe to eliminate the Pagans from Prussia and to conquer the lands for your own - a premise I don’t particularly like.

The game didn’t seem to be particularly optimised - myself only managing 20 fps on the map screen, and 30 on the battle screen - but the game itself was well presented, with some nice effects, and decent textures and character models; although the UI seemed a tad cluttered, but I imagine if you were serious about the game you’d be using keyboard shortcuts anyway.

No Caption Provided

The reason I compare this to Mount and Blade is because you can roam around the map screen, trading, recruiting mercenaries, and visiting towns in a similar fashion; you even get your own castle, although this is right at the beginning of the game. As you progress through the story campaign, you collect more and more land - of which you can claim taxes on - whilst defeating the ‘dirty pagans of the north’ - no-one’s words.

No Caption Provided

The game starts you out with 120 inexperienced foot soldiers, and your own 20 man cavalry guard, and your first battle is against a band of robbers with a similar amount of units as yourself. This battle I won easily, I let the enemy attack my foot soldiers, and then I charged with my cavalry and decimated them. After this, I was tasked with defeating another group of robbers, but as I had no money, and no way to make money I had to take on an army three times the size of mine, and whilst I gave ‘em as good as they gave me, it left me with all my units dead, and them at half size, so that was it, the end of my campaign in the North.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AlexW00d

Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades is the sequel to Real Warfare 1242.

Savages

No Caption Provided

Real Warfare 2 is an RTS with Total War like battles, but a Mount and Blade style map screen. You play as a knight of the Teutonic Order, who was exiled from the holy lands for sinning; you have been seen to North Eastern Europe to eliminate the Pagans from Prussia and to conquer the lands for your own - a premise I don’t particularly like.

The game didn’t seem to be particularly optimised - myself only managing 20 fps on the map screen, and 30 on the battle screen - but the game itself was well presented, with some nice effects, and decent textures and character models; although the UI seemed a tad cluttered, but I imagine if you were serious about the game you’d be using keyboard shortcuts anyway.

No Caption Provided

The reason I compare this to Mount and Blade is because you can roam around the map screen, trading, recruiting mercenaries, and visiting towns in a similar fashion; you even get your own castle, although this is right at the beginning of the game. As you progress through the story campaign, you collect more and more land - of which you can claim taxes on - whilst defeating the ‘dirty pagans of the north’ - no-one’s words.

No Caption Provided

The game starts you out with 120 inexperienced foot soldiers, and your own 20 man cavalry guard, and your first battle is against a band of robbers with a similar amount of units as yourself. This battle I won easily, I let the enemy attack my foot soldiers, and then I charged with my cavalry and decimated them. After this, I was tasked with defeating another group of robbers, but as I had no money, and no way to make money I had to take on an army three times the size of mine, and whilst I gave ‘em as good as they gave me, it left me with all my units dead, and them at half size, so that was it, the end of my campaign in the North.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Akrid

This looks... Almost fun?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AlexW00d

@Akrid said:

This looks... Almost fun?

Almost fun seems pretty appropriate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.