Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

3D Dot Game Heroes

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 11, 2010

A PS3 game developed by Silicon Studio that mixes old-school 2D gameplay with 3D graphics and character creation.

May the Month Be With You

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b71f33ff
    deactivated-5ffc9b71f33ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 18

Finally, a real blog! This one is dedicated to one of the best months this year: May.

May is bringing us 3D Dot Game Hero, Red Dead Redemption, Lost Planet 2, Alan Wake, Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Backbreaker, and ModNation Racers. That's a whole lot of great releases. Sadly, I'm going to just pick and choose the games I'm getting this upcoming month since I need to focus a bit more on school, my incredible music, and finishing my games. If you're wondering which games I'm getting, just read the rest of this blog, stupid.

I've already bought this game. I'm just waiting on Amazon to ship it over. There's already been a few reviews, and basically, it amounts to this: if you love the original Zelda and the older RPGs from the NES era, you'll love this. The game has a lot of possibility as being a cult classic among gamers. You can create your own pixel character from scratch, making his look and his animations. You can even upload the creations, so expect a lot of classics reborn in the engine. Expect a review from this when I'm done.

If you haven't guessed by my adverts for a profile theme, I am dying to play this. I was excited about this before all the news about the multiplayer, but now I'm ecstatic. I didn't think May could come quick enough. If I can only hold out until the 19th, I'll be good to go. Most previews have all stated one thing in common: the game is fun. Ultimately, that's why I play games. Fun factor first, everything else after. I'm also a western fan. In the wild west, according to Hollywood films I've seen, you walk into town, have a few drinks, and start a-shootin'. With a massive co-op gang mode, I'm sure this will hold me over for the year.

If you own a Wii and don't plan on buying this game (even eventually), then shame on you. I will support Nintendo as long as they keep the adventure games coming and less of the cow milking bull they usually do. Super Mario Cook Off is not a fun idea. Anyway, the original was a blast, and probably one of the best video games ever created (by Nintendo). It was certainly up there with some of my favorite Marios, even taking the place of Super Mario World for me, which is near impossible. With the addition to Yoshi, this should be an interesting game. The game might not be a 'true sequel' in the fashion that not much has changed, but if they can put together a set of completely new levels and some new baddies to stomp, I'm down for whatever.

These are my top three for the month. All the games I mentioned are going to be great. Just a little info on one of the games. You should really check out Backbreaker, at least rent it, because it seems like a perfect idea for a football game. Graphics in sports titles are always cheapened by generic animations. They're not fluid. The way the Madden series is is you're running the ball, that's animation #1, defense comes and tackles you, which jumps into animation #2. It's just that: animations. No real physics involved. Backbreaker is going to touch on animations big time, and I feel it's going to be a killer sports game, hopefully not overlooked. I plan on getting this later, when I have some extra cash.

As always, thanks for reading!

-dryvby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally, a real blog! This one is dedicated to one of the best months this year: May.

May is bringing us 3D Dot Game Hero, Red Dead Redemption, Lost Planet 2, Alan Wake, Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Backbreaker, and ModNation Racers. That's a whole lot of great releases. Sadly, I'm going to just pick and choose the games I'm getting this upcoming month since I need to focus a bit more on school, my incredible music, and finishing my games. If you're wondering which games I'm getting, just read the rest of this blog, stupid.

I've already bought this game. I'm just waiting on Amazon to ship it over. There's already been a few reviews, and basically, it amounts to this: if you love the original Zelda and the older RPGs from the NES era, you'll love this. The game has a lot of possibility as being a cult classic among gamers. You can create your own pixel character from scratch, making his look and his animations. You can even upload the creations, so expect a lot of classics reborn in the engine. Expect a review from this when I'm done.

If you haven't guessed by my adverts for a profile theme, I am dying to play this. I was excited about this before all the news about the multiplayer, but now I'm ecstatic. I didn't think May could come quick enough. If I can only hold out until the 19th, I'll be good to go. Most previews have all stated one thing in common: the game is fun. Ultimately, that's why I play games. Fun factor first, everything else after. I'm also a western fan. In the wild west, according to Hollywood films I've seen, you walk into town, have a few drinks, and start a-shootin'. With a massive co-op gang mode, I'm sure this will hold me over for the year.

If you own a Wii and don't plan on buying this game (even eventually), then shame on you. I will support Nintendo as long as they keep the adventure games coming and less of the cow milking bull they usually do. Super Mario Cook Off is not a fun idea. Anyway, the original was a blast, and probably one of the best video games ever created (by Nintendo). It was certainly up there with some of my favorite Marios, even taking the place of Super Mario World for me, which is near impossible. With the addition to Yoshi, this should be an interesting game. The game might not be a 'true sequel' in the fashion that not much has changed, but if they can put together a set of completely new levels and some new baddies to stomp, I'm down for whatever.

These are my top three for the month. All the games I mentioned are going to be great. Just a little info on one of the games. You should really check out Backbreaker, at least rent it, because it seems like a perfect idea for a football game. Graphics in sports titles are always cheapened by generic animations. They're not fluid. The way the Madden series is is you're running the ball, that's animation #1, defense comes and tackles you, which jumps into animation #2. It's just that: animations. No real physics involved. Backbreaker is going to touch on animations big time, and I feel it's going to be a killer sports game, hopefully not overlooked. I plan on getting this later, when I have some extra cash.

As always, thanks for reading!

-dryvby
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I'm looking forward to 3D Dot Game Heroes, and Halo: Reach Beta so far in May. But it's also my birthday month, so it's all good.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT

Nice blog! I'm definitely gonna get RDR and probably 3D Dot Heroes as well.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Nice blog, duder.  I definitely want to play all the games you listed (except maybe Backbreaker, not really in to football games all that much).  Really looking forward to RDR, Alan Wake, and Lost Planet 2.  I REALLY want to play 3D Dot Game Heroes but alas, I have no PS3.  My mission this year is to obtain a PS3 and a Wii of my own (my brother has a Wii, but I don't buy games for it in case he moves out, and I don't want to be in his bedroom to play them).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xobballox said:
    " Nice blog, duder.  I definitely want to play all the games you listed (except maybe Backbreaker, not really in to football games all that much).  Really looking forward to RDR, Alan Wake, and Lost Planet 2.  I REALLY want to play 3D Dot Game Heroes but alas, I have no PS3.  My mission this year is to obtain a PS3 and a Wii of my own (my brother has a Wii, but I don't buy games for it in case he moves out, and I don't want to be in his bedroom to play them). "
    Thanks.

3D Dot Hero is going to be killer, I can tell. I bought my PS3 back when it was expensive. I didn't want one. I only got it because my 360 kept breaking down. Now, it's my favorite system. Nothing against the 360, I just feel the overall quality this generation fell short on people's parts.
    cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By cap123

i think backbreakers physics are going to be fantastic, but the game itself will not be as brilliant as people are hoping it to be. Madden has had years and years to get the presentation, usability and atmosphere all down to a tee and it will be hard for the new boys to nail it first time. I think backbreaker 2 will be a madden beater, but not this years. Maybe they will nail the gameplay and it will be brilliant, but that's a lot to ask first time.

I'm most looking forward to red dead redemption. Looks shit hot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cap123: 
    Same here. RDR ftw.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By xyzygy

Alan Wake is definitely the number 1 priority for me. Probably my #1 most anticipated game of the generation.

Robiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Robiin

You heard it here first. RDR will be GTA IV all over again; loved by media, hyped by people who buys it. Six months later everybody will come to their senses and say what many say about GTA IV today.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.