Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Abraham Lincoln

Character » appears in 52 games

Abraham Lincoln was the 16th President of the United States. He served during the Civil War, and is recognized as one of the most important figures in American history.

So Lincoln Force, as designed by me. (timely, I know)

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

Edited By pyromagnestir

No, not a real game, just ideas. Sorry.

In a valiant effort to keep on not playing Nier I started to throw around some ideas for what I'd do if somehow I was designing a real, actual Lincoln Force. Why? I don't know. It was just the first thing that popped into my head I guess. Anyways I'm sure this sort of thing already exists somewhere so I apologize, and this is real basic stuff (like I'd like this kinda stuff, stuff not in any way a real well thought out design) but still here we go:

So gameplay wise 3rd person shooter. Weapon options would be a basic set of pistols (with some dumb names like Life and Liberty or something) with unlimited ammo, and Lincoln's top hat could act as a melee weapon, and maybe be thrown Oddjob style in certain situations or as an upgrade.

But I guess the main gun, which could have a dumb name as well (I was leaning towards The American Way, but I don't know Superman kinda played that out didn't he? Also it's a bit on the nose, gun = The American Way, but I wouldn't let that stop me) would be a little unique. I was thinking it could be neat to have a sorta Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts style build your own gun thing. Maybe you could have 2 - 4 preset builds available to swap between on the fly for variety/to kill the different enemy types or whatever. You'd get more powerful parts to build cooler guns so there's some sort of progression. And new enemies that are strong to one type of gun but weak to others would encourage switching and experimentation.

(note if there is a game out there with this I'm not aware of it, so a preemptive sorry to whoever whatever game I'm ripping off)

Also I really want to work in Arkham games style stealth sequences every once in a while, because I really would like to be able to drop Lincoln's hat down over an enemy's head from above and pull it back up only now the enemy has no head! I've no idea how to contrive an excuse to get Lincoln on any gargoyle equivalent but maybe someone else to figure it out.

Also Lincoln's ship/time travel vehicle would be called "The Pursuit of Happiness" or maybe "In" instead of "The". Probably not important, that, but maybe the ship could provide some justifcation for the stealth scenes somehow, so it could have some gameplay significance.

And every level would end in a bossfight against a helicopter. But not normal helicopters, craaazy helicopters that can do stuff like go underwater or turn into a rockem sockem type robot that you then have to fist fight old timey style, or other dumb stuff.

Story wise I was thinking of a couple elements, like FDR would be the handler/coordinator of your team who gives out exposition from the headquarters. And JFK would be a counterpart who would be suave to others, but sort of a jackass when you cross paths with him.

Lincoln of course would be the brooding, angsty type hero. And John Wilkes Booth (now of course, just a head in a jar) would be a guy who was in on the plan to recruit Lincoln to this time-traveling troupe of ex-presidents, and would be suitable snarky (and maybe not really there). Also maybe some special attacks would use him somehow. I don't know how.

Like I said this wasn't well thought out. But hey! I'm still not playing Nier! So it served it's purpose.

Any suggestions, or comments, or criticism, or ideas of your own welcome. Although if you do offer a criticism (or even just a comment or well intentioned suggestion) beware that my response may be "Well fuck you and why don't you die? Fuckhole!" (No it won't, I'm kidding.)

Again, sorry for this. I reeeaaaallllllllyyyyyyyyy don't want to play Nier.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

#1  Edited By pyromagnestir

No, not a real game, just ideas. Sorry.

In a valiant effort to keep on not playing Nier I started to throw around some ideas for what I'd do if somehow I was designing a real, actual Lincoln Force. Why? I don't know. It was just the first thing that popped into my head I guess. Anyways I'm sure this sort of thing already exists somewhere so I apologize, and this is real basic stuff (like I'd like this kinda stuff, stuff not in any way a real well thought out design) but still here we go:

So gameplay wise 3rd person shooter. Weapon options would be a basic set of pistols (with some dumb names like Life and Liberty or something) with unlimited ammo, and Lincoln's top hat could act as a melee weapon, and maybe be thrown Oddjob style in certain situations or as an upgrade.

But I guess the main gun, which could have a dumb name as well (I was leaning towards The American Way, but I don't know Superman kinda played that out didn't he? Also it's a bit on the nose, gun = The American Way, but I wouldn't let that stop me) would be a little unique. I was thinking it could be neat to have a sorta Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts style build your own gun thing. Maybe you could have 2 - 4 preset builds available to swap between on the fly for variety/to kill the different enemy types or whatever. You'd get more powerful parts to build cooler guns so there's some sort of progression. And new enemies that are strong to one type of gun but weak to others would encourage switching and experimentation.

(note if there is a game out there with this I'm not aware of it, so a preemptive sorry to whoever whatever game I'm ripping off)

Also I really want to work in Arkham games style stealth sequences every once in a while, because I really would like to be able to drop Lincoln's hat down over an enemy's head from above and pull it back up only now the enemy has no head! I've no idea how to contrive an excuse to get Lincoln on any gargoyle equivalent but maybe someone else to figure it out.

Also Lincoln's ship/time travel vehicle would be called "The Pursuit of Happiness" or maybe "In" instead of "The". Probably not important, that, but maybe the ship could provide some justifcation for the stealth scenes somehow, so it could have some gameplay significance.

And every level would end in a bossfight against a helicopter. But not normal helicopters, craaazy helicopters that can do stuff like go underwater or turn into a rockem sockem type robot that you then have to fist fight old timey style, or other dumb stuff.

Story wise I was thinking of a couple elements, like FDR would be the handler/coordinator of your team who gives out exposition from the headquarters. And JFK would be a counterpart who would be suave to others, but sort of a jackass when you cross paths with him.

Lincoln of course would be the brooding, angsty type hero. And John Wilkes Booth (now of course, just a head in a jar) would be a guy who was in on the plan to recruit Lincoln to this time-traveling troupe of ex-presidents, and would be suitable snarky (and maybe not really there). Also maybe some special attacks would use him somehow. I don't know how.

Like I said this wasn't well thought out. But hey! I'm still not playing Nier! So it served it's purpose.

Any suggestions, or comments, or criticism, or ideas of your own welcome. Although if you do offer a criticism (or even just a comment or well intentioned suggestion) beware that my response may be "Well fuck you and why don't you die? Fuckhole!" (No it won't, I'm kidding.)

Again, sorry for this. I reeeaaaallllllllyyyyyyyyy don't want to play Nier.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.