Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Abyss Odyssey

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jul 15, 2014

From the developers of Zeno Clash, Abyss Odyssey is a 2D platformer adventure game with the mechanical depth of a fighting game and the world randomization of a roguelike.

Which playable character is your favorite so far?

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By The_Ruiner

Poll Which playable character is your favorite so far? (41 votes)

Katrien 39%
    Ghost Monk 32%
    Pincoya 15%
    Other (Soldiers? Enemies monsters?) 15%

I don't think any of this is a spoiler, because all 3 unlockable characters are right there on the select screen.

• 
    Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I like the Skeleton Warrior the best. Looks like Spinal from Killer Instinct.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Probably Katrien, I like fast characters and and she sure sounds like Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (the Major from Ghost in the SHell)

I've leveled her the most though, so I don't think I've given the others a fair shake.

Of the creatures I've liked rolling with the Stone Golem

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I chose Katrien but I unlocked Pincoya today and she is probably the best since I got to the last boss my first playthrough with her.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Ghost Monk is great, most of his moves stagger enemies longer than Katrien.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Brackstone

I want to like Ghost Monk, I've even played as him the most, but I find he gets knocked out of attacks super easily, possibly because both his windup and recovery animations can cause a lot of problems. Even adding armour to his moves doesn't help much.

Overall I think Katrien is the best, her moveset is really good, and she just feels great to play as. Everyone I've played versus with seems to agree that she plays the best. If I based my decision solely on the singleplayer I would say Jackal, because I love his moveset, but in multiplayer his lack of range and lack of a projectile make it really difficult to move in on certain characters, like the Pudataur.

Also I'm assuming boss characters don't count, because both the Living Creature and Verbum Dei are kind of ridiculous.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the Ghost Monk the most. It takes a ton of getting used to but once you really learn the timing on his moves he hits like a truck with a good weapon, can stagger enemies easily, and has some really neat moves.

VioleGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ofcourse Pincoya , because of 1- long range , 2- projectile that distract enemies 3- freaking beautiful

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Mummy is pretty OP, poison spit stunlocks like crazy on everything except the last boss pretty much. Went all the way through the game on the first try thanks to that, and then it crashed (due to a trophy popping simultaneously with a load). Kept my progress though and apparently didn't lose anything other than 30 seconds of the ending. Ice Ring + Sword works well on the final boss.

Rolkien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Fire Mummy is pretty great I love playing as him, but besides that I think that Ghost Monk's like Forward charge slash skill or whatever is pretty great. I have all the characters and I've played through as Ghost Monk at least like 15 times at this point.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though its super janky (at least on PS3) playing this on multiplayer is a lot of fun as well. Monk seems to have the best normal attacks in terms of combo-ability but Katrien's Hop normal is really good as well, particularly on larger creatures.

buttmonk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By buttmonk3y

Katrien. Her fireball will normally make an enemy move towards you so i then go straight in to her spin attack. Great combo for when im in a jam.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed8c7c6e043f
    deactivated-5ed8c7c6e043f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pincoya. There's a reason she costs so much to unlock.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Haven't tried Pincoya yet, but she seems like she's got a lot of reach. Otherwise it's definitely Katrien. The Monk's whole reason for existing is cool, but when it comes to combat he's just too slow for me.

With Katrien I'm all over the place, sliding and slicing and shooting fireballs and all that good stuff. Definitely more my fit.

For enemy characters, the guitar skeleton guy is probably my favourite (so far, there's a lot of enemies I haven't tried playing as yet). Get all the cancel orbs and you can wreck shit pretty good with him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.