Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Abzû

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 02, 2016

An underwater exploration game from Giant Squid.

I might Like Abzû more than Journey...

handdipped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By handdipped

I just finished the game last night, and man did I love it. I would mention I played the game on my PC, and the day prior upgraded my GPU to a GTX 1070 (SO many FISH!). The game really is something special, even for a 2-3 hour game that costs $19.99. Journey is one of my favorite games and Abzû seems to be Journey condensed and under water. Controlling the games character is a little awkward to start but I think Brad was right when he mentioned it has some of the finest swimming mechanics to date. I really don't know if I like this game more then journey and it might be kind of silly to compare to great games. I guess I was just shocked the game was able to roll with journey and make me feel the same kind of emotion, even lacking the drop in multiplayer mechanics. I can't recommend this game enough, and if you want to show off a new GPU without shooting a bunch of dudes looks no further.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I very much enjoyed Abzu too, but I feel like it's almost criminal to praise it without mentioning the soundtrack, which instantly became one of my favorite soundtracks of all time (and I bought a copy to listen to on my phone.)

Apologies if you're hearing impaired or otherwise unable to enjoy it, but if you're not, man, the visuals are great but the music is in some ways even better.

handdipped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@bigsocrates: Oh for sure! I let the meditation screen run while I poke around the web, or I'm just doing things around house. It is not only a great game but hands down the best collection of screen savers.

CabooseMSG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CabooseMSG

I completely agree wth you OP, but even further. Whether it was the hype or something else, Journey was lackluster compared to what I was led to believe, and I walked away from it somewhat unimpressed. Abzu is much more colorful, feels better to play, and has a much better soundtrack (Obviously my opinions). Abzu is such a feel good game for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I really enjoyed it, and it may be the best looking game ever released but the pacing felt a bit off to me, didn't feel like a"journey" so wasn't nearly as impactful. It felt a tad too structured and formulaic as each zone was structured the same with a different skin

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By csl316

Didn't like Journey, but loved Abzu. *shrugs*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.