Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ace Combat: Joint Assault

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

Ace Combat returns to the PSP, this time with a real world setting and online cooperative play.

Release Date Change

AceCombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AceCombat

Hey guys, I'm here with Namco Bandai and I wanted to let you know that the game is now releasing on August 31! I hope you're all still excited for the latest awesome installment of Ace Combat. With Enhanced Combat View, 40 different aircraft to chose from and a whole bunch of awesome multiplayer options, this is a sure-fire winner!

AceCombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AceCombat

You can pre-order the game on the official site, which has a bunch of cool features:  
    http://www.acecombatja.com/

We're only about a month away now!

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Devil240Z

Totally forgot about this game. Kinda seems like Namco is abandoning the series. I remember AC games being more of a big deal back in the day. Also they were on consoles.  

Also this game is not available on PSN yet so I cant play it. Damn PSP Go.

AceCombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AceCombat

We definitely haven't abandoned it! We're proud of the product we've made here and we're quite confident that consumers will love it when it comes out. That's also the reason it's not on PSN, it because AC:JA hasn't released yet, look for it later this month.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Devil240Z

Oh wow. I totally missed that you said it comes out Aug 31st, I thought I saw it on the "New Games" tab as having come out a couple weeks ago.  

Also missed the part where you work for Namco Bandai.  

I am also totally stoked to see that there is a new Ace Combat game coming to consoles but I will still get this one for sure.  

Also... Do you know why they are going with a contemporary setting instead of the fantasy setting that most of the games take place in? I really love that world.

BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BionicMonster

So roughly how much of the new trailer is in game playable stuff and how much is scripted? BTW it reminds me of AfterBurner Climax, which is a very good( hopefully) thing.

AceCombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AceCombat

Check out this interview with game designer Masanori Kato, he talks a little bit about the change: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nynBlM5RC9w  Simply though, it was a development choice - just something that the devs wanted to do that they hadn't in previous Ace games.  

As far as the trailers you're seeing, that's almost all in-game footage - looks great!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.