Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Achievements

Concept »

Achievements are extra challenges added into video games that sometimes carry a point value or unlock bonus material, and are sometimes solely for bragging rights.

Achievement Update #104

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By Xandurson

This time I'm kinda on time with my Achievement Update! This one is brought to you by Borderlands. So enjoy!

LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS

BATTLEFIELD 1943
      140/200 Points
      9/12 Achievements

Name: Best Squad
      Description: Be in the best squad on all three maps
      Acquired: October 31, 2009

BORDERLANDS 
      50/1000 Points
      5/50 Achievements

Name: Ding! Novice
      Description: Earned level 10
      Acquired: November 4, 2009 
      Name: Pyro
      Description: Killed 25 enemies with incendiary weapons 
      Acquired: November 2, 2009 
      Name: Discovered Skag Gully
      Description: Discovered Skag Gully 
      Name: Ding! Newbie
      Description: Earned level 5
      Name: Paid in Fryrestone
      Description: Completed 5 missions in the Arid Badlands 

CURRENT GAMERSCORE

21,461 Points

LATEST AVATAR AWARDS

This is going to be a new section that I will add to every Achievement Update. I got my first Avatar Award the other day in Halo: Waypoint. It's not a game but they have Avatar Awards so it counts on that front. Obviously, I won't get an Avatar Award every week but it's still a cool section. Also, if you're wondering why I have access to Waypoint, it's because I'm in the Beta program for the new update. Everyone else has to wait a little while.

HALO: WAYPOINT
      1/11 Avatar Awards

Name: 343 Guiltyspark
      Description: Unlock after opening Halo: Waypoint

So that is that. Right now, I'm just playing some Borderlands. That should hold me off until next Tuesday when MW2 comes out. Too bad I have classes from 9-9 on Tuesday so I won't get to play until 10PM Tuesday night. Oh well, I still can't wait!
    Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Xandurson

This time I'm kinda on time with my Achievement Update! This one is brought to you by Borderlands. So enjoy!

LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS

BATTLEFIELD 1943
      140/200 Points
      9/12 Achievements

Name: Best Squad
      Description: Be in the best squad on all three maps

BORDERLANDS 
      50/1000 Points
      5/50 Achievements

Name: Ding! Novice
      Description: Earned level 10
      Acquired: November 4, 2009 
      Name: Pyro
      Description: Killed 25 enemies with incendiary weapons 
      Name: Discovered Skag Gully
      Description: Discovered Skag Gully 
      Name: Ding! Newbie
      Description: Earned level 5
      Name: Paid in Fryrestone
      Description: Completed 5 missions in the Arid Badlands 

CURRENT GAMERSCORE

21,461 Points

LATEST AVATAR AWARDS

This is going to be a new section that I will add to every Achievement Update. I got my first Avatar Award the other day in Halo: Waypoint. It's not a game but they have Avatar Awards so it counts on that front. Obviously, I won't get an Avatar Award every week but it's still a cool section. Also, if you're wondering why I have access to Waypoint, it's because I'm in the Beta program for the new update. Everyone else has to wait a little while.

HALO: WAYPOINT
      1/11 Avatar Awards

Name: 343 Guiltyspark
      Description: Unlock after opening Halo: Waypoint

So that is that. Right now, I'm just playing some Borderlands. That should hold me off until next Tuesday when MW2 comes out. Too bad I have classes from 9-9 on Tuesday so I won't get to play until 10PM Tuesday night. Oh well, I still can't wait!
    Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By gingertastic_10

How are you liking Borderlands? I just can't get into that game.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Xandurson
    @gingertastic_10: I love it! Until Modern Warfare 2 comes out this is my game of the year! It's amazing!
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I got the full thousand in Borderlands, and it really wasn't that hard. As long as none glitch for you, you could have them all in no time.

I also have been trying to get my Tour of Duty II achievement in 1943, and just can't seem to play that 100th game. It's the last achievement I need. ;__;

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By jakob187
    @MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    " I got the full thousand in Borderlands, and it really wasn't that hard. As long as none glitch for you, you could have them all in no time.  I also have been trying to get my Tour of Duty II achievement in 1943, and just can't seem to play that 100th game. It's the last achievement I need. ;__; "
    I feel ya on the 1943 achievement.  The game is great, but I just personally don't feel like playing 100 matches of the same bullshit.  I need more maps.  Hell, I just need Karkand.  lol 

So, GamerGeek, it's good to see you're getting into Borderlands.  The full 1000 on that, as Zell said, isn't too hard.  It is fun, though, which is what matters.  Hope you have fun blasting away through that!!! 

Unfortunately, the 360 I play on all the time at work is dead right now, so we've gotta wait for the replacement to come in.  I'm only 600+ points off from 40K!!!  Good thing I've got comics and Borderlands on PC to keep me occupied until then! 

Piece out, bro.  Cya next week!
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jakob187: It's not just that it's the same maps, it's that it's been REALLY laggy lately. It's really annoying when I unload into a guy, and he turns around and noob tubes me. I just want my 20G and 200/200.. ;__;
    Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Xandurson
    @jakob187 said:
    " @MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    " I got the full thousand in Borderlands, and it really wasn't that hard. As long as none glitch for you, you could have them all in no time.  I also have been trying to get my Tour of Duty II achievement in 1943, and just can't seem to play that 100th game. It's the last achievement I need. ;__; "
    I feel ya on the 1943 achievement.  The game is great, but I just personally don't feel like playing 100 matches of the same bullshit.  I need more maps.  Hell, I just need Karkand.  lol  So, GamerGeek, it's good to see you're getting into Borderlands.  The full 1000 on that, as Zell said, isn't too hard.  It is fun, though, which is what matters.  Hope you have fun blasting away through that!!!  Unfortunately, the 360 I play on all the time at work is dead right now, so we've gotta wait for the replacement to come in.  I'm only 600+ points off from 40K!!!  Good thing I've got comics and Borderlands on PC to keep me occupied until then!  Piece out, bro.  Cya next week! "
    Oh man I LOVE Borderlands! I don't even care about the achievements (I can't believe I just said that) I just love playing the game! As for Battlefield, I just pick it up and play every once in a while so I don't mind about the map situation. Dice said they plan on doing DLC later but were surprised by the success so none are ready right now. That should help the situation a bit.

@MasterOfPenguins_Zell:
    Maybe you shouldn't suck! lol I'm just messing man. Battlefield isn't too laggy for me lately but I don't play it too much so I don't know.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

Screw you and your Borderlands! I want that game so much! Hopefully I'll have it on the 20th

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By breadfan

I S ranked Battlefield 1943 during the summer and haven't played it too much since.  If I remember correctly I stopped playing after 101 games. 

Great game, but there just isn't enough content to keep it worthwhile.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By azteris
    @GamerGeek360 said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    I feel ya on the 1943 achievement.  The game is great, but I just personally don't feel like playing 100 matches of the same bullshit.  I need more maps.  Hell, I just need Karkand.  lol  So, GamerGeek, it's good to see you're getting into Borderlands.  The full 1000 on that, as Zell said, isn't too hard.  It is fun, though, which is what matters.  Hope you have fun blasting away through that!!!  Unfortunately, the 360 I play on all the time at work is dead right now, so we've gotta wait for the replacement to come in.  I'm only 600+ points off from 40K!!!  Good thing I've got comics and Borderlands on PC to keep me occupied until then!  Piece out, bro.  Cya next week! "
    Oh man I LOVE Borderlands! I don't even care about the achievements (I can't believe I just said that) I just love playing the game! As for Battlefield, I just pick it up and play every once in a while so I don't mind about the map situation. Dice said they plan on doing DLC later but were surprised by the success so none are ready right now. That should help the situation a bit.

@MasterOfPenguins_Zell: Maybe you shouldn't suck! lol I'm just messing man. Battlefield isn't too laggy for me lately but I don't play it too much so I don't know. "
    Dropping in to share some of that Borderlands love. I got the Platinum and loved playing through it. I actually leveled a character to 50 playing through normally and then have been powerleveling another to 50 to see the differences.
    Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Xandurson
    @natetodamax said:
    " Screw you and your Borderlands! I want that game so much! Hopefully I'll have it on the 20th "
    Yeah, I don't own it. My friend just let me borrow it so don't worry.

@Br3adfan said:
    " I S ranked Battlefield 1943 during the summer and haven't played it too much since.  If I remember correctly I stopped playing after 101 games.  Great game, but there just isn't enough content to keep it worthwhile. "

Yeah, I still like playing it every once in a while though.

@Azteris said:
    " @GamerGeek360 said:
    " @jakob187 said:

@MasterOfPenguins_Zell: Maybe you shouldn't suck! lol I'm just messing man. Battlefield isn't too laggy for me lately but I don't play it too much so I don't know. "
    Dropping in to share some of that Borderlands love. I got the Platinum and loved playing through it. I actually leveled a character to 50 playing through normally and then have been powerleveling another to 50 to see the differences. "

Everybody loves Borderlands! I plan on doing the same thing as you with the characters though.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Claude

Man, it seems you reached 20,000 points ages ago.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Xandurson
    @Claude: Because I did. Remember shortly after that I was out of an Xbox for a month and half (roughly). Also, I just am not getting achievements as much as I used to. My gaming time has dropped greatly since college started.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Claude
    @GamerGeek360 said:
    " @Claude: Because I did. Remember shortly after that I was out of an Xbox for a month and half (roughly). Also, I just am not getting achievements as much as I used to. My gaming time has dropped greatly since college started. "
    Life is greater than games, that's a given.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By jakob187
    @Claude said:
    " @GamerGeek360 said:
    " @Claude: Because I did. Remember shortly after that I was out of an Xbox for a month and half (roughly). Also, I just am not getting achievements as much as I used to. My gaming time has dropped greatly since college started. "
    Life is greater than games, that's a given. "
    Someone punch this man in the face.  Only sex and peanut butter are greater than games!
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Claude
    @jakob187 said:
    " @Claude said:
    " @GamerGeek360 said:
    Someone punch this man in the face.  Only sex and peanut butter are greater than games! "
    Peanut butter... GROSS!!!
    Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Xandurson
    @Claude said:
    " @GamerGeek360 said:
    Yes, in certain situations that is true. Others, not so sure.

@jakob187 said:
    " @Claude said:
    " @GamerGeek360 said:
    Someone punch this man in the face.  Only sex and peanut butter are greater than games! "

And ice cream! Everyone loves ice cream! Maybe peanut butter cup ice cream?

@Claude said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " @Claude said:
    " @GamerGeek360 said:
    Peanut butter... GROSS!!! "

NO! NO! GOD! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! (Office quote FTW)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.