Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Achievements

Concept »

Achievements are extra challenges added into video games that sometimes carry a point value or unlock bonus material, and are sometimes solely for bragging rights.

Must... Have... Achievements... Or... *Death*

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

Edited By SpawnMan

Gosh! Going through a major achievement slump here people! How else am I going to make my life feel meaningful without that little beep and pop up every time I do something in a game? My life is so devoid of feeling accomplished and respected and significance that the numbers beside my gamertag are the only thing keeping me from the edge! 

Basically what I'm trying to say is "WHY ARE YOU SO DAMN EVIL LIMBO AND WHY AREN'T YOU UNLOCKING SERIOUSLY...?" 12,000 kills in Gears of War and still no Seriously... and I'm stuck on Limbo. Again. So tiring having to go ALL THE WAY DOWNSTAIRS to look on the YouTube walkthrough! I'm so desperate to finish both of them and get some other achievements, because there really is some truth to my first paragraph. I dunno, it makes me feel kinda special unlocking something. Lord knows no one else appreciates me. 

*Sob*

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpawnMan

Gosh! Going through a major achievement slump here people! How else am I going to make my life feel meaningful without that little beep and pop up every time I do something in a game? My life is so devoid of feeling accomplished and respected and significance that the numbers beside my gamertag are the only thing keeping me from the edge! 

Basically what I'm trying to say is "WHY ARE YOU SO DAMN EVIL LIMBO AND WHY AREN'T YOU UNLOCKING SERIOUSLY...?" 12,000 kills in Gears of War and still no Seriously... and I'm stuck on Limbo. Again. So tiring having to go ALL THE WAY DOWNSTAIRS to look on the YouTube walkthrough! I'm so desperate to finish both of them and get some other achievements, because there really is some truth to my first paragraph. I dunno, it makes me feel kinda special unlocking something. Lord knows no one else appreciates me. 

*Sob*

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

The GOW thing is a known issue. Its said it will unlock around 14k 

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Games are supposed to be fun.  If unlocking achievements frustrates you and doesn't add to your amusement, stop.  If you enjoy unlocking them, don't complain.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SpawnMan
    @FluxWaveZ: You don't get tongue in cheek humour do you... 

@The_Laughing_Man: 14K? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Ah well, only 2K more to go...
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @SpawnMan: If this is meant to be humorous, the joke's been played out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.